Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 3-4 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

1 hour ago, RCNYILWX said:

Last 3 runs of the GEFS 24-hour 10:1 snowfall mean.

Edit: Added 00z GEFS members. Pretty large spread this close to the event.
7eb97ecd33f6c29bc6bcbabbb273da80.gif

b9dcbf343bf59e6a26b0ce03a94a40a4.jpg

Ensemble #13 is pretty ridiculous with the 3+ feet of snow in downtown Chicago within only 18 hours. Imagine getting feet of concrete snow.

The 00z Euro bumped back northwest some from the 18z run. It remains a very tough forecast. Impacts will be higher end in the heart of the band within the CWA, barring a UKMET or GEM like outcome. Lapse rates in the DGZ are progged to exceed 7C/km and there's quite a bit of -epv above strong fgen.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

The 00z Euro bumped back northwest some from the 18z run. It remains a very tough forecast. Impacts will be higher end in the heart of the band within the CWA, barring a UKMET or GEM like outcome. Lapse rates in the DGZ are progged to exceed 7C/km and there's quite a bit of -epv above strong fgen.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Oh kind soul, could you slide that EPS data when the time arises :wub:

2 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

12km nam just doesn't want to join the se party. It's very stubborn. 06z hrrr was a dream run and love what EPS is showing. I honestly still don't know what to expect. Hopefully models will be in better agreement tomorrow. 

12km NAM definitely shifted SE with the low track and snowfall.

I guess I didn't notice cuz it still scalped me on snowfall. Ha. 12km that is. Now that I look at sfc low track you're right. It definitely is more se. Just not as noticeable in snowfall in my area. Going to be tricky as it will be a tight zone of intense dynamic cooling. Hard to sniff out till you get closer. 

1 hour ago, StormChaser4Life said:

I see LOT 1st to bite bullet on WSW. Strong work. Curious if DVN or ILX will follow. 

A little odd of there being nothing for the border & NW counties. Even if Chicago were a “bullseye”, there seems to be enough snow potential for at least a winter weather advisory.

7 minutes ago, Sciascia said:

A little odd of there being nothing for the border & NW counties. Even if Chicago were a “bullseye”, there seems to be enough snow potential for at least a winter weather advisory.

That's probably a time contingent issue. They will issue those today. 

51 minutes ago, Sciascia said:

LOT can update this graphic and slide it SE

Screenshot_20230302_042907_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sciascia said:

91B649CE-9D34-410D-8D3C-3D64FBE72725.jpeg

5AC8DDC6-EDC5-4562-AB51-565A00D8C002.jpeg

20% chance for a further north solution is still a chance I’m willing to ride given how the model swings have been.

Would assume this is LOT's faith in the NAM products

• Haha 1