Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

QGOmega is 5-posted....do you think you should be too?

Honestly I don’t agree with him being 5 posted. He is just as much of a weenie as I am, but he likes warmer weather while I like snow and cold. I don’t see anything wrong with that, people just don’t like him rooting for record warmth because most of this board likes cold and snow. He gets all kinds of shit for posting a long range gfs run showing a torch, yet when people post long range snow maps, that’s ok? Nah that’s bullshit, this is a weather board, not a “root for snow or else” board. If you ask me, neither of us should be 5 posted but if weenies aren’t going to be allowed anymore, logically it makes sense to 5 post both of us. 

Anyways, back to the storm at hand. Even if the more pedestrian guidance is right and we get 8, that’s still a really good storm. So what, it didn’t reach its fullest potential. There is nothing we can do about it, so it’s wasted energy to let it piss you off. Last years blizzard left some on the table too, most storms do. If you can only appreciate storms that reach their ceiling this hobby would be miserable, and there wouldn’t be any point in engaging in it. 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That's a weird PNS out here in western MA.  Crushed in Amherst, but meh on the east slope, as well as to the south across Hampden county.   Maybe a bit similar to 12/1/19 where a relatively narrow band trained west to east over this area in round 2?

...Franklin County...
Shelburne      1045 AM          6.0
...Hampden County...
Agawam         1215 PM          8.0
Westfield      1200 PM          7.0
Monson          150 PM          6.5
Springfield    1050 AM          5.5
...Hampshire County...
Amherst         345 PM         16.0
North Hatfield 1215 PM          8.5
Worthington     910 AM          6.5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not sure why we feel the need to blast people for voicing the fact that 7-10" is dissappointing given this had the potential for so much more..."stupidity"? 'Cmon, dude...40" was a very long shot, but this had a very realistic chance to be a pretty high end ordeal and now it isn't. I'm not sure why storm enthusiasts need to pretend that doesn't blow while at the same time being glad that there is a bonafide event en route during a shitty season. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

I can save you some of that consternation by summing up the reason in a simple facet:  that's how many ameliorate their own angst.

Slightly longer version ... it's a lesson we all learn in adolescence and high school ( most of us that is lol). People impugn others for the guilty reflection of their faults. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

If people want to know the most likely thing that goes wrong in this? I'd say it's the shortwave becoming too weak and shears ...

...I'd say just watch the NAO blocking allowing even a little bit of additional trailing energy to try and interact....I'm not optimistic on that

Bingo!   been hammering these two facets since this "top 10 blizzard" thread was decided the appropriate pin version for this event - eh hm...

The ICON is converting this thing into what we just had...only farther S ( axial)... hey, that puts a snow event in the area.  

It's also got this lasting as mood snows after the IB aspect... it snows for 18 additional hours in S- bursts between that and the N/stream S/W that's racing to catch up. 

• Like 1

Heh... 3-6" is a fine for my personal druthers.   

Jesus it's almost March anyway.   It's funny this talk of futility that occasionally gets peppered into various contexts ...when the 'seasonal' futility is already happened -

Don't forget, winter can fret and fright its hour upon the stage ... the July curtain call is still coming. heh

• Like 1

image.thumb.gif.d4408d08e2323c73b2b323233395d272.gif

At this point, trend seems irreversible. Trough out west ejecting less potent SW and SE ridge flexing. Curtain call for hope for a serious coastal redeveloper. The alternative is pretty great however, if not KU material (which this thing hardly ever had the potential to be)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... 3-6" is a fine for my personal druthers.   

Jesus it's almost March anyway.   It's funny this talk of futility that occasionally gets peppered into various contexts ...when the 'seasonal' futility is already happened -

Don't forget, winter can fret and fright its hour upon the stage ... the July curtain call is still coming. heh

Icon was over an inch of QPF for much of SNE. Looked better than 3-6 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaf said:

The huge 2-3 foot solutions only came from the Euro, and only for a couple of runs, right?

It was basically one run. We’ve had several runs of 12-18” type snows though from both euro and gfs but that was when there was still a bit more trailing shortwave interaction.