Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

All in favor of changing TFlizz’s name from TauntonBlizzard2013, to Taunt”meh”Bizzard2013 say I.   It would be so appropriate, and fits him perfectly. 

It could be 8” there but calling it an annoyance seems a little detached from reality. But everyone has their own grading system so I’ll let him do his thing. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Despite sim radar looking like a pounding, you probably aren't getting corresponding rates with this sounding.

2023022412_GFS_096_42.36,-71.23_severe_ml.png

What does 90 and 93 hours look like? The 6 hourly QPF between 96 and 102 is like a tenth of an inch anyway. 

59 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

I totally disagree in this terrible winter people should be happy we're getting plowable snow, don't know what to tell you on this one. We had a few runs go bezerk over 130+ hours out. There should be no investment in a model outcome at that time frame. It was never a completely viable outcome. It showed a historic blizzard at far too early a time frame, not sure how it can be a disappointment. 

Agreed. Even in a great 100 plus inch winter no one should complain about just a 3 to 6 event.  It's foolish to believe an insane QPF output past even just a few days. Lets just get some happy little winter weather and enjoy it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

90 and 93 look good. What I meant is that I think we can shave off some snow amounts when the good lift sort of shuts down. Typical SWFE stuff. You may have lighter rates where it's colder, but seems like when you lose the DGZ lift, it's always banded or light stuff.

Good crosshair sig there at 90 and 93…I’d feel ok going 6-10/8-12. I wouldn’t go 10-15 though given the relatively short duration of the good stuff. 

Mm I suspect the IB front side can burst 2 or 3"/hr for a stint/banding interval, inside a general moderate snow that lasts 6 hours, then it fades into a S-/S with friendly posting triggering mood snows for protracted finish.  Probably 6-8" in that, followed by 1-3" over 12 hours or something - just GFS verbatim.

It may even have a backside edge that looks like an end near, that temporarily has some trollers trying to recoup on their losses ( which were our gains..), only to have that back side start filling in with level 1 or 2 rad returns - and they just vanish whence that happens. 

Heh

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well this is encouraging to see. Small window of getting some intense lifting into the DGZ which will be huge given how high it is. You can also see the snow ratio jump during this window as well. This would be a solid 1-2'' per hour rates verbatim.

This is BDL

image.thumb.png.2adf2e77e63b4e7c94469c633687e4ed.png

when you say "huge", do you mean that the DGZ is literally huge or that the fact that lift gets into the DGZ is "huge"

3 hours ago, George001 said:

Honestly I don’t agree with him being 5 posted. He is just as much of a weenie as I am, but he likes warmer weather while I like snow and cold. I don’t see anything wrong with that, people just don’t like him rooting for record warmth because most of this board likes cold and snow. He gets all kinds of shit for posting a long range gfs run showing a torch, yet when people post long range snow maps, that’s ok? Nah that’s bullshit, this is a weather board, not a “root for snow or else” board. If you ask me, neither of us should be 5 posted but if weenies aren’t going to be allowed anymore, logically it makes sense to 5 post both of us. 

We are not the same

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

when you say "huge", do you mean that the DGZ is literally huge or that the fact that lift gets into the DGZ is "huge"

the later 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

It’s a little early to be analyzing that anyway. 

this is about a good time frame to start. 

• Weenie 1