Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

What's the latest?  Don't have time to dig in or look with new job.

This could be your storm, you have 48 hours to dig in and give us some analysis 

I wonder if this trends sheared/weaker And the block is Maybe seen and incorporated better if the risk is more this sinks a bit more south 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This could be your storm, you have 48 hours to dig in and give us some analysis 

I wonder if this trends sheared/weaker And the block is Maybe seen and incorporated better if the risk is more this sinks a bit more south 

No time at all

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

12-18 for EMATT. 

:wacko: ugh

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Agreed. More shifts and ticks to come…it’s part of the game. At least we are tracking something legit…more than we could say for the first 9 weeks of this winter:axe:.  

I count about 12-13 weeks :P 

In all seriousness though, as long as we don’t get one of those massive 150 mile shifts north or west that we’ve seen so much this winter, we’re in very good shape for a legit event, and the setup looks solid, as many others have said.

25 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Agreed. More shifts and ticks to come…it’s part of the game. At least we are tracking something legit…more than we could say for the first 9 weeks of this winter:axe:.  

Once they trend north they do not trend south. That is Wx 101. We do not want anymore north trends in SNE

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

You live in foxborough? The best snow axis is urgently forecast to be to your north and you want that to trend north? Interesting…

I don’t care who is getting the most snow, I just want more snow in my backyard. I believe my area would do well if it trends north enough to bring the low over the cape, but the low would also need to trend stronger. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

I don’t care who is getting the most snow, I just want more snow in my backyard. I believe my area would do well if it trends north enough to bring the low over the cape, but the low would also need to trend stronger. 

Let’s bring it right over the canal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

If the low trends north from where it’s modeled now you’ll more likely than not get less snow plain and simple.  

1 hour ago, George001 said:

I think it will come north more, but not a lot. The blocking forces the low to redevelop, but that doesn’t mean it will go over the benchmark and give snow to the mid Atlantic and cape. Most guidance is inside the benchmark, not over it. It is very possible that the low ends up going over the canal, leading to rain snow line issues. It wouldn’t take a massive north adjustment for that to happen, and I really think that’s more likely than the jackpot being SE. Honestly, I’m rooting for that because it would mean a stronger storm even though my area wouldn’t be the jackpot with that track. I’d rather get 20 while someone north of me gets 30 than get 15 while everyone else gets 12, so I say bring on the north trends. In this scenario, Tblizz and Metfan would get some rain. 

Dude Cape Cod Canal is close to the best track for me in Northern Vt (when crossing it from SW to NE into the gulf of maine).  Inside the benchmark still works for me a little but usually I need you to be screwed for me to get the goods synoptically.    I hate the 40/70 benchmark.  I'm usually the cold H for those storms and it's usually South Shores best bet.  Benchmark is too far north to affect the mid atlantic unless the low forms further S and is tracking NE.  This storm if you took it verbatim from the models today looks to be forming just SSE/SE of Long island and progressing east not affecting the Mid atlantic at all, if it comes north, you have serious issues and moves the jackpot to me.  So please keep pushing for north but not enough for a warm tongue to reach me