• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

BOX is very unimpressed with this. Has nothing (snow and ice) inside 128, less then 1” 495 including ORH and 1-2 up the border. 

The mesos albeit initially too warm I think have the right idea. Although I definitely would have some snow and ice inside 128 and that tuck tomorrow may cause issues.

Just saw the 6z nam and that isn’t backing down. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The mesos albeit initially too warm I think have the right idea. Although I definitely would have some snow and ice inside 128 and that tuck tomorrow may cause issues.

I’m thinking my 250’ elevation is going to hurt me down here vs Ginxy with elevation and might stay frozen longer. Expecting a coating of snow some sleet, freezing rain then plain rain

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Mesoos definitely caving towards globals. 6 Z 12K NAM backed down colder south1321661085_namconus_asnow_neus_fh51_trend(1).thumb.gif.05758192e8b83a08edd987bd4f900332.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Wife and kids are supposed to drive PWM to Dendrite land via 95>101 Thursday early afternoon. Precip rates look light at that time, so I'm assuming crews will be able to stay on top of road conditions. Keep seeing cold tuck and mixed precip, which is my concern. 

Bad assumption/idea to drive? 

Probably if you're heading up there.  Though it's going to be snow there rather than slop, so they have that in their favor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Probably if you're heading up there.  Though it's going to be snow there rather than slop, so they have that in their favor.

Not gonna be all snow up here.  Heaviest snow mixing with and changing to sleet to end by noon, west to east.  Then a lull and precipitation moves back in towards eve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Not gonna be all snow up here.  Heaviest snow mixing with and changing to sleet to end by noon, west to east.  Then a lull and precipitation moves back in towards eve.

Okay....I see the sleet.  Still mostly a snow event--at least up in Maine.

Tonight
Snow before 3am, then snow, possibly mixed with sleet. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 19. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Thursday
Snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 9am. High near 23. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. Low around 15. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mesoos definitely caving towards globals. 6 Z 12K NAM backed down colder south1321661085_namconus_asnow_neus_fh51_trend(1).thumb.gif.05758192e8b83a08edd987bd4f900332.gif

That shows pellets  too, so that’s not a good comparison. The globals definitely got warmer. And I suspect they aren’t done. I’m also thinking The best lift and QPF will be north and that’s another issue we may have in the snow department.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

BOX p/c is much more mundane than the wording of the advisory.

I’m not planning on much snow here. But if we get 3 or 4 inches I’ll be pleasantly surprised. The most interesting part of the event here is prob the temp crash during Thursday. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I’m not planning on much snow here. But if we get 3 or 4 inches I’ll be pleasantly surprised. The most interesting part of the event here is prob the temp crash during Thursday. 

Same. A coating to maybe 1 inch if lucky. Like you I’m more interested in tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That shows pellets  too, so that’s not a good comparison. The globals definitely got warmer. And I suspect they aren’t done. I’m also thinking The best lift and QPF will be north and that’s another issue we may have in the snow department.

Yea wasn't talking snow here. Colder at the surface for extended frozen. 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic