• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week
7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We’re gonna waste the ok mid levels for awhile unfortunately.

Yeah a lot of these 12z runs so far are pretty weak sauce with the precip rates this evening....I'm envisioning a lot of 1 mile vis light snow that accumulates slowly on the grass with maybe a heavier burst in the final hour before it flips. I was hoping for 3-4" but I haven't really strayed from my personal thoughts of an inch or so.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Obvious this morning the Euro has the right idea with holding on to the low level cold longer. Mesos caving to global ideas.  Thumpy thump. Congrats Dendy with over a foot and a half OTG

Euro is not that cold outside the tuck. It's not much different than the mesos. The mesos got colder aloft. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I still don't expect much here while we are 33-34F. Once again a lousy antecedent airmass. 

Almost every single snow "Event" I've had has been at these temps. It's amazing....even when we have like -5C 925 temps, we cannot buy a good sfc PPT prior to the storm....we get one in the middle of this storm, but that doesn't do us any good on the front end, lol.

Only real exception was the 12/11 clipper-esque system where we had temps in the mid/upper 20s. We did drop to like 31F in the middle of the CCB on the 1/23 "happy ending" storm, but obviously a significant part of that one too was at 33-34.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Almost every single snow "Event" I've had has been at these temps. It's amazing....even when we have like -5C 925 temps, we cannot buy a good sfc PPT prior to the storm....we get one in the middle of this storm, but that doesn't do us any good on the front end, lol.

Only real exception was the 12/11 clipper-esque system where we had temps in the mid/upper 20s. We did drop to like 31F in the middle of the CCB on the 1/23 "happy ending" storm, but obviously a significant part of that one too was at 33-34.

Raindance nailed this season....explicitly stated in his outlook that lots of storms in the east would lack cold air. Most prickly guy you will ever come across on here, but knows his stuff.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Some of my friends in SNH love to rub it in  @NHDrySlot with NE winds saying it won't snow here and needing N winds. Up until this year..most of the snows here come on NE winds lol. A decent airmass is fine...ala 12/16/07 with screaming east winds and temps of 31F. But yeah this year...can't buy a good antecedent airmass. 

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I haven't watched today, but last night nobody really mentioned anything about temps falling. I can only hope everyone asks "what happened" as cars slide off 128. 

Scott, was going to say the same thing! Local mets, not really telling the public enough, nightmare on the roads ahead

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 512high said:

Scott, was going to say the same thing! Local mets, not really telling the public enough, nightmare on the roads ahead

I think for you guys you’ll be below freezing anyways, so not sure how much of a deal it would be there. But down here potentially could be a high impact.

• Like 2