• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

+EPO is underestimated in the MR/LR. Models have it turning to +EPO while NAO is transitioning to negative. I contend there is still a strong -NAO/+EPO-PNA correlation in play, Not really any chance for snow in that imo. There is some potential that the Pacific could be changing state around March 9th, for one, because of the length of -PNA at that time, when it was strongly transitioning to El Nino in the subsurface back in January. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Yea would have to imagine you’d get at least one storm threat by mid March if that verifies.

I'm getting a signal +2 days from the 1st day of Spring, or Strong -NAO block until March 19th, lifting out for a snowstorm. This is something I've seen as the turn of a calendar event (month or season) as a mathematical anomaly, and now March 1st showing the big -NAO dive on current models. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

I'm getting a signal +2 days from the 1st day of Spring, or Strong -NAO block until March 19th, lifting out for a snowstorm. This is something I've seen as the turn of a calendar event (month or season) as a mathematical anomaly, and now March 1st showing the big -NAO dive on current models. 

Base state?

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Base state?

We seem to need a longer term pattern hold to change. This 7 years of -PNA after a Strong El Nino doesn't make a whole lot of sense, if you are looking at it purely from ENSO. 72-73: 3 years of -PNA. 82-83: 3 years of negative ENSO. 97-98: 3 years of -PNA. 15-16: 7 years of -PNA. We seems to have a greater connection with the upper atmosphere or sun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

The way you described this reminded me of that robot guy that used to put out strange forecasts with numbers and pretend he was a robot! That was some strange stuff. May have been back in Eastern wx days 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

So Euro destroys (relative to this year)  us between 222-240.  Only 9 days away!  8-12 area wide. Even CAPE gets in on it with slightly less

The one positive that's persistently showing up from like the 24th onwards is that monster 50/50 low that looks to have some staying power w/lower heights in that region. That area has had persistently AN heights for months now, so maybe signs of a change?

Ive been expecting a change for some time now in late Feb, or March. Is this it? That is the $64,000 dollar question.   It is very nice to witness the GFS and ECM both looking at a same general opportunity timeframe 10 days out.

Just now, stormy said:

Ive been expecting a change for some time now in late Feb, or March. Is this it? That is the $64,000 dollar question.   It is very nice to witness the GFS and ECM both looking at a same general opportunity timeframe 10 days out.

first time this winter i have seen all 3 of these models kind of agree on a snow for us at the 10 day range. Usually its just one of them...the other 2 dont agree and we get nothing

24 minutes ago, Ji said:

first time this winter i have seen all 3 of these models kind of agree on a snow for us at the 10 day range. Usually its just one of them...the other 2 dont agree and we get nothing

Yet even still the 540 never makes it south.  Just like all the others at least on Euro…and the GLL says hello yet again 

• mappy unpinned this topic