Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

50 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

Looks bad. 

Ops are starting to be more important than ensembles at this point bc of higher resolution, right?  And I count more than half that give western areas measurable snow, which I would classify as a win for this winter.

eta:  But I hear you and understand it would have been better to see more ensemble members show improved solutions

1 minute ago, snowmagnet said:

I say we need to keep this thread. It’s actually the late February thread, so maybe we can fake out whatever is trying to keep us from getting snow. 

Not to mention...there really aren't any other threats to track, lol, so it's not like there will be any confusion over what's we're talking about

Gotta give some credit to the ICON the way this is headed. It picked up pretty early on the delayed southern wave allowing it to pinch off. The pinching off of the ULL will likely make it difficult to keep both low and mid-levels subfreezing. Being near the 500mb low center and just west of the SLP is probably going to be the place to be for snow. Eastern slopes of the Southern Apps might be in line here.

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

This is kind of like trying to get a snowstorm the last week of March or first week of April. It’s possible but we need a lot to go right. But if we’re ever going to get snow this year we’re probably gonna have to get that kinda lucky. 

Tell me you think things are too warm without actually saying you think things are too warm ;) :hurrbear:

• Haha 2

• mappy unpinned this topic