• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Genug Shoyn Mit warm and brown! Is Jan 19-20 a storm to shift the vibe?

mahk_webstah

Maybe the people of the book can help us with a pattern change?  Which model do you believe?  Can we keep hope alive?  

GYX says maybe a chance to +PNA, and a -NAO.  But maybe not.

Will Thursday be the start of something good?  I say yes , trolls say NOPE, I say NOP.  What say you?

Will this thread curse us?  Will it even get one reply?  Oy!

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Jibberish?

I am in the process of making that happen.  Yiddish is definitely NOT jibberish, and let's hope this storm isn't either.  We might get a pack going and that will help us all, if indeed the next storm is the inflection point.  Or maybe this one is.  

The guidance from both GYX, WPC, and my Wunderground (lol), has been solid for a moderate snowfall for at least 5 days.  We have had the sudden swing to bad news that we have been getting on storms up to this point.  That in itself would be an inflection.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I am in the process of making that happen.  Yiddish is definitely NOT jibberish, and let's hope this storm isn't either.  We might get a pack going and that will help us all, if indeed the next storm is the inflection point.  Or maybe this one is.  

The guidance from both GYX, WPC, and my Wunderground (lol), has been solid for a moderate snowfall for at least 5 days.  We have had the sudden swing to bad news that we have been getting on storms up to this point.  That in itself would be an inflection.  

You’re in a great spot. I really like the CON to PWM corridor in this one for a solid low end warning event. 

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You’re in a great spot. I really like the CON to PWM corridor in this one for a solid low end warning event. 

Hmmm, I was thinking 4-8 so that might get to the warning criteria of 7.  There are still caution flags, but that just might be me being gun-shy from this year.  Glad to hear your enthusiasm, because one of my caution flags was the comment you made a few days ago as to how this could suddenly go far north.  Looks like that isn't happening, so the question is advisory and warning, and how Ray does, and how Kevin feels about the whole thing given that he's SOP

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Hebrew? Yiddish?  Mit is German.  I plugged it into google and its seems to mean "Enough with the warm and brown already"

Love the thread title, ha.  Let’s spice it up in the melting pot.

I’m thinking 3-6” our way to start.  Synoptic density and probably falls over a 24 hour period.  Could get a few lollipops higher to 4-8”?

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I’m thinking 3-6” our way to start.  Synoptic density and probably falls over a 24 hour period.  Could get a few lollipops higher to 4-8”?

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

but then you have upslope, nu?

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS really hitting the IVT with the upper level energy hanging back. Always tough to buy into that but when you see good upper level support, you don’t want to ignore it either. 

Agreed.  Tough to bank on that.  But it’s also on most models to some extent.

If anything changes the most in the next 48 hours it’s definitely the handling of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

GFS gets some snows to the Pike with the IVT lingering.

2D590CAA-95EC-45DB-9B33-D2A429ECDDD9.thumb.png.73ab747116d578a19d7fd1c9900ac2c2.png

Puzzling over the track that would produce that distribution.  Upper GOM hard left like post-Christmas 1969?  That's when many Maine stations had 12-20" SN followed by 3-6" RA while BTV had 30" and most of SNH had an ice storm.