Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

These images are bad for mental health. Like literally how are some of you taking this in stride and not having it mess up your entireday? Smh I ain't gotten a thing done

I am having a beer, then a bit of sativa, then going on a nice hike. Get out and enjoy nature. Beautiful and peaceful, even without snow.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

These images are bad for mental health. Like literally how are some of you taking this in stride and not having it mess up your entireday? Smh I ain't gotten a thing done

Ultimately it IS disappointing but many (not all of course) of the folks on here pick up other hobbies to fill the gaps in tracking. It can definitely be a downer...but without other activities we'd all be a dumpster fire mentally (some are!). 

I know others have recommended this to you - but you are going to find yourself being very mentally unwell if you tie all of your happiness to snow in the DC area. It's just a losing proposition 95% of the time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

it’s best not to get too worked up over things you can’t control. goes for stuff other than weather too

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, DarkSharkWX said:

while its still 8 days out and we won't know until the 11th energy gets sampled and sent into guidancde, i would still lower expectations just so that if samplation proves to be bad, you won't be as disappointed. on the bright side, at least GFS/CMC and their ensembles improved today. winter is not over after this storm too, and in the shorter range we have the 8th-9th threat that snuck up on us for the potential to be some of the region's first measurable snow

What is this stuff you keep saying about data not being sampled properly? Is this seriously still a thing in 2023?

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

This is as far as you can get from ideal up top on the Atlantic side for MA snow. Completely inverted.

1673697600-Pm0le8Mgqsk.png

I'm off to enjoy some fresh air before it gets dark.

It's not that far off, yea this run of the euro totally lost the 50/50 so that part is not good but there is way more right than wrong with the picture 

111579804_compday.H8glXBUPQH(1).gif.68ec8f6e13a459da22105c7999152ec9.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

. It's just a losing proposition 95% of the time. 

Not to get super technical about it, but take the winter season as 1/4 of the year, which is 365 days. 

That gives us 91.25 days to get snow. 

But using your 95% figure, we don’t get snow on 95% of those days. 

That leaves the remaining 5%, and we get roughly 4.6 snow days. 

Well, if I’m being honest, I’d take my 4.6 snow days and run laughing all the way to the bank. 

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

Not to get super technical about it, but take the winter season as 1/4 of the year, which is 365 days. 

That gives us 91.25 days to get snow. 

But using your 95% figure, we don’t get snow on 95% of those days. 

That leaves the remaining 5%, and we get roughly 4.6 snow days. 

Well, if I’m being honest, I’d take my 4.6 snow days and run laughing all the way to the bank. 

I totally threw the 95% out as an arbitrary number and you went full math nerd on me :lol: 

But yes - 4.6 snow days sounds like a hell of a deal right now. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

We have the PNA AO and EPA all good on the coldest week of the year. So of course we shouldn’t expect it to be cold enough to snow. 

Wait a minute…I see what you did there…you tried to Superman 2 us…when he was in the chamber in the fortress of solitude…they thought he lost his powers…but the others did…pretty sneaky sis

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

@Maestrobjwa its a long weekend next weekend...take off Friday and go chase the storm if you are that upset about it.  There are healthier ways to cope.  

I’ll be at Beech Mountain, NC for my bachelor party! Hopefully we see a couple flakes at least

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

We have the PNA AO and EPA all good on the coldest week of the year. So of course we shouldn’t expect it to be cold enough to snow. 

Climate change. That’s what it is, people don’t want to hear it but it is the truth. It takes more and more to go right to get snow, I’m noticing it even in SNE.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic