• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2023

buckeyefan1

Probably belongs in the banter but too good to pass up for here. Originally posted by Prince Frederick Wx in the MA thread in their aptly named Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition... 

Thank you for calling the newly launched AmWx Hotline of Hope, providing support for delusional weenies at an affordable price. Please select from one of the following options; or, stay on the line to hear recordings of Joe Bastardi’s winter forecasts.

-To hear about SSW events, please press “1”

-Siberian snowcover, please press “2”

-MJO mumbojumbo, please press “3”

-Earth’s magnetic poles reversing, please press “4”

-To hear about how a giant asteroid impact would lead to additional snowfall in your backyard, please press “5”. Note that this option requires an additional fee.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

Probably belongs in the banter but too good to pass up for here. Originally posted by Prince Frederick Wx in the MA thread in their aptly named Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition... 

Thank you for calling the newly launched AmWx Hotline of Hope, providing support for delusional weenies at an affordable price. Please select from one of the following options; or, stay on the line to hear recordings of Joe Bastardi’s winter forecasts.

-To hear about SSW events, please press “1”

-Siberian snowcover, please press “2”

-MJO mumbojumbo, please press “3”

-Earth’s magnetic poles reversing, please press “4”

-To hear about how a giant asteroid impact would lead to additional snowfall in your backyard, please press “5”. Note that this option requires an additional fee.

I called the 900 number, me and this girl talked about a banana high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Benjamn3 said:

What’s the general consensus y’all are seeing for Xmas? Looks to me like about seasonal temps with a little rain. 

Model consensus 12/25 fwiw threat of rain much of SE and mainly warmer than normal with SW upper flow. I say fwiw because it still being 8 days out means lots of uncertainty/model inaccuracy.

• Like 2

Congrats Milwaukee!  After the shifts NW of course.  :P  This certainly seems to fit the narrative of the storm track we thought we would have this winter.  But can we really keep in HP in place long enough to cash in is the question.  Similarly, I'm tired of reading Joe Bustardi tweets selling me snake oil events based on "timing" again this year.  Just go back to saying :loon: cuz we all knew those ducks were decoys to begin with Joe!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mclean02 said:

Was that the one showing almost like a backdoor cold front building a strong wedge temps go from 45 to 32 degrees really cool. 

download.png

It's for the system after this one ^_^

EDIT: You also are showing the 18z and the one I posted was from 12z. The 18z is showing another possibility for the period around nye. 

EDIT#2: I can't believe I am discussing something that is 2 weeks away :lol: It's sad that it has come to this :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1