Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

4 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

To a certain extent, once your above 4” accumulation is not going to massively change sensible weather conditions. It’s going to be a blizzard. 

exactly. It’s very rare we get this kind of wind field. I’ll take 4-8” getting whipped by 55-65mph winds. Polar Vortex Blizzard dropped 8” with 45mph winds and it was a disaster. Not sure what Champaign will ultimately receive snowfall wise, it’s looking blizzard like regardless. 

The main trend with all the models the past 24 hours that the trough is ejecting more slowy and not digging as far south, thus the somewhat weaker but further west solutions we're starting to see.

The main impact this will have is whether the storm wraps up quickly enough to become a major event for most in the subforum, or does it revert back to being a glorified arctic front, which is what was advertised before we started seeing these weenie runs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Still a ton to love. Even the weaker guidance has a neat 8-12 for much of N IL this run, and combining that with crazy winds would be really fun to see.

Agreed. The risk here is that it doesn't bomb out until it's north east of here, giving upper Michigan the huge hit.

But either way it's looking like a white Christmas and will be fun to watch

image.png

3 minutes ago, ChiTownSnow said:

Agreed. The risk here is that it doesn't bomb out until it's north east of here, giving Northern Michigan the huge hit.

But either way it's looking like a white Christmas and will be fun to watch

True. I'd probably evaporate instantly if somewhere east of here actually does end up pulling several feet of snow

42 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

To a certain extent, once your above 4” accumulation is not going to massively change sensible weather conditions. It’s going to be a blizzard. 

That’s my goal 4-6 with blizzard. I’m in my upper 20s and want to experience a true blizzard even tho totals are lower

• Like 1

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm