• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mean...I get there are limitations...but the block can't stop storms from cutting, and it can't hold a 50/50 low..the question begs to be asked...

All kidding aside, we keep getting these massive cold pools too far to our west.   And for whatever reason any confluence zips by to our NE.  Hopefully we can get a SWFE look.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All kidding aside, we keep getting these massive cold pools too far to our west.   And for whatever reason any confluence zips by to our NE.  Hopefully we can get a SWFE look.

Great patterns fail much easier in la nina...which is why it's tough to go for huge seasonal totals in a la nina even in a great seasonal pattern

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe if he climbs to the top of the light poles at Gilette he can catch a glimpse of a cat paw 

OT but I saw this movie where these 2 young women climbed a very high rickety tower and couldn't get down.  Watched it on a plane-not the best idea....

25 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the more important thing here is that the GFS held serve synoptically and the ICON made a big shift towards it

if the ECMWF makes the same synoptic changes, it bodes much better for a coastal storm. keep in mind that this is still 7 days out

That lead system will undoubtedly wreak havoc on the models -- not too often you see a follow-up coastal track well west of its predecessor. But the thing is so wound up, I guess it's plausible.

19 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

All guidance is consistently out to sea with the threat after Christmas. You just know that one won’t wavier at all 

If that actually happens I don’t think we can call the pattern great anymore. How can we possibly get a -nao, -epo, +pna yet keep coming up empty? It makes no sense.

• Weenie 1