• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the pattern supports a very large storm, and people take that and assume a blizzard is guaranteed... it doesn't work like that

this is why it's so frustrating trying to communicate potential. people come up with grandiose ideas in their imaginations and forget that this is a matter of a 1-2% chance rising to like 30-40%. it's still unlikely, just much, much more likely than normal

I feel so much better.

While you're at it, schedule my first colonoscopy.

• Haha 1

What sucks is Winter is truly my favorite season. What initially looked like a December to remember is disappointing to say the least, but I remind myself that we have January, February, and March. 

It sucks to see people either want to give up on this Winter ( I'm sorry..late fall ), or others thriving over taunting others for there own benefit. But .. the way of the world I guess. 

I posted something and then deleted it as I wrote it with my emotions, not with my head.

Im still very excited for what the rest of the Winter will bring, and like last year, when we did get that period into February where many of us were happy, the same will probably happen this year. 

3 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the pattern supports a very large storm, and people take that and assume a blizzard is guaranteed... it doesn't work like that

this is why it's so frustrating trying to communicate potential. people come up with grandiose ideas in their imaginations and forget that this is a matter of a 1-2% chance rising to like 30-40%. it's still unlikely, just much, much more likely than normal

Uh ? People were throwing around the huge snowstorm word on this forum also during the runs yesterday and the day before.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Shit like this is what happened.

I’ve watched six hours of non-accumulating snow today and then models trending strongly in the wrong direction for next week.

I think I’m just gonna take a mental break this week and try and enjoy Christmas.  If things still look like crap tomorrow night I’m out.