Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fairfield County Crusher 12/11-12/12

Go Kart Mozart

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just about at 2” . any thoughts on where the Norlun sets up? 

No idea at this point. Could stay offshore too. Short term guidance doesn’t really have one at all. But it enhances some bands in N CT and into RI later this evening. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Snowing moderately very close to 2” so far here. 

It appears the best combo of dynamics & moisture may have peaked across CT?  Visibilities coming up across the region.  Still several more hours of snow to go, but best accumulation rates "maybe" over?

• Sad 1

Just now, FXWX said:

It appears the best combo of dynamics & moisture may have peaked across CT?  Visibilities coming up across the region.  Still several more hours of snow to go, but best accumulation rates "maybe" over?

This also appears like it was in faster and Will be out faster of most places than  modeled 

• Like 1

From Upton's AFD.

The challenge regarding potential snow accumulations involves the placement of the inverted trough and
associated enhanced precip along it as the shortwave passes aloft tonight. Discrepancies among the different models and among consecutive runs within each model continue, but generally favor a band higher liquid equivalent precip located in the vicinity of NYC to points west of the Hudson. Some guidance shifts this band over
areas east of NYC late tonight, leading to a chance that forecast snow accumulations may need to be bumped up a little for areas east of the city, but for now have nudged up the numbers a little.

12 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I am proud of you for getting multiple measurements , most wives seem like they would eye roll or look and make up a number 

She knows how much I value accurate values,  being in my profession and all,  and knows how much I love it...plus she's the best wife ever,  just sayin...

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

This is going to be such an amazing fun week of weather. Snow event here tonight, a pretty significant blizzard in the northern Plains, severe weather Tuesday evening (though don't think it will be an outbreak), and then a potentially big storm here end of the week. Finally the boredom is over.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

This is going to be such an amazing fun week of weather. Snow event here tonight, a pretty significant blizzard in the northern Plains, severe weather Tuesday evening (though don't think it will be an outbreak), and then a potentially big storm here end of the week. Finally the boredom is over.  

I hear you,  hoping that end week system trends colder, not really liking where it's going right now,  but some more east members showing up,  regardless it looks to be interesting 

Just now, tavwtby said:

I hear you,  hoping that end week system trends colder, not really liking where it's going right now,  but some more east members showing up,  regardless it looks to be interesting 

The end of the week is certainly interesting. The only expectations I have right now is that it's something to track and monitor. It's a very complex pattern and evolution so we're going to see a thousand potential solutions over the next few days. The pieces are there for a big storm, regardless of precip type. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

The end of the week is certainly interesting. The only expectations I have right now is that it's something to track and monitor. It's a very complex pattern and evolution so we're going to see a thousand potential solutions over the next few days. The pieces are there for a big storm, regardless of precip type. 

Absolutely,  it's early,  interesting to track 

• Like 1