Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Winter 2022-2023 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, mreaves said:

I knew some girls that worked at sub shop in high school, they asked me to call in a bomb threat so they could get the night off.  Using the correct head to think it over, I declined.

Yeah. When I was in school 40th years ago (holy crap) kids would call them into try to get out of a chemistry test or something.     That never materialized

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Marc Marcussen?

Was that one of the FHS teacher’s names?   Sounds familiar but I didn’t have him if so.  My chemistry teacher was out for the year due to some health issue, so we had some young kid as a year long sub. He also worked in the state forensics lab and had some awesome stories. 

13 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Was that one of the FHS teacher’s names?   Sounds familiar but I didn’t have him if so.  My chemistry teacher was out for the year due to some health issue, so we had some young kid as a year long sub. He also worked in the state forensics lab and had some awesome stories. 

Yeah, he was my Physics teacher.  Can't recall my Chemistry teachers name.  My new job has me working in Foxboro, so will be interesting to see some old faces I'm sure.

7 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, he was my Physics teacher.  Can't recall my Chemistry teachers name.  My new job has me working in Foxboro, so will be interesting to see some old faces I'm sure.

Lol. I can’t remember my high school physics teacher at all.  I remember bio, Earth sci, Chem.  But not physics. 

23 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If anyone in new England on a lake or beach has any leads on a property/ properties available to rent this august, I’m all ears lol.

My brother and his fiancé are pivoting from the Montreal idea and want to rent a place or places for a few nights.

15 people total.

Air bnb.  You'll find something.  Stick with Superhosts only-no exceptions and you'll find something that meets your needs and fits the budget.

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s all over everything today. Cars are covered in it in the dried rain drops. It’s from the Ohio fire. Smells like chlorine 

I was driving through the rain last night and I’ve never seen anything like it on my car. I had to use wiper fluid 6-7 times to clean my windshield…in the rain…

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

lol there’s no way that wasn’t like that before today’s rains…

…right?

That's my coop.  I put the carabeaner from their door on a nut on the roof every morning when I go out to feed them.  I would have noticed it yesterday.  Definitely new rust.  It's a 2 year old roof.

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

After ski club last night I was driving home up Route 2 in the KFIT area. It was raining and the drops on the windshield definitely looked odd.  I almost was thinking cats paws but it was 50F out.

Disturbing

Too widespread and sudden to not be related to OH.  The occurrence itself is concerning, the lack of coverage and blanket reassurance is even more concerning.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Too widespread and sudden to not be related to OH.  The occurrence itself is concerning, the lack of coverage and blanket reassurance is even more concerning.  

I thought the fires/cloud from that were done days ago.  Maybe connected but not so sure.   Maybe chlorine particles went up high enough and lingered... HCl raining from the skies?

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I thought the fires/cloud from that were done days ago.  Maybe connected but not so sure.   Maybe chlorine particles went up high enough and lingered... HCl raining from the skies?

I'm trying to find the article, but I did read that the vapor from the chemical attaches itself to water molecules, so if there's any lingering vapors coming from the ground, they could be getting absorbed.  I really want to believe it's not related, but like I said, it's awfully coincidental.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tunafish said:

Anyone else's metal roofing mysteriously rusting after last night's rain?

image.thumb.png.2b252ad9ffe43b07c2ea5b0723e16e17.png

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s all over everything today. Cars are covered in it in the dried rain drops. It’s from the Ohio fire. Smells like chlorine 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I was driving through the rain last night and I’ve never seen anything like it on my car. I had to use wiper fluid 6-7 times to clean my windshield…in the rain…

Mud on the vehicles this morning and a definite chlorine smell WTF.

• Like 1