Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

8 hours ago, Albedoman said:

this video clip is painful for me watching the models runs lately and then finally waiting for a good snowstorm. LOL. This movie is demonstrates the epitome  of how it rains primarily in Philly but snows in the NW burbs in the opening scene

Reminded me of finally watching the 1954 movie "White Christmas" (Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, etc) and how their little performing group decides to head north to VT from FL to a ski lodge owned by an old war commander/buddy and they sing the famous song "Snow" along the way and do a reprise of it when they get off the train in VT to something that I think they described as looking like NC instead of VT, with no snow whatsoever right before Christmas, and whether they got off at the right stop! :lol: 

Scene where the cab takes them to the lodge and there's nothing but bare ground and trees.

There's a part in the film when they first go into the lodge and Crosby's character speaks with the receptionist (Mary Wickes) saying - "We came up for the snow. Where're you keeping it?" and she responds "Oh we take it in during the day". :lol: 

A movie done almost 70 years ago that was "for real" when it came to "snow".

As an obs - made it up to 42 yesterday and had 0.83" of rain then (the heaviest between about 9 pm and midnight) and so far 0.18" this morning (1.01" at post time as a 2-day total).

Low was 36 and it's currently overcast, misty, with occasional light rain and 37 with dp 37.