• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I still haven't moved my gauge over to the new house so that's why I've been silent on the recent rain.  It's not exactly high on the priority list right now, well, high for me, not so much for the wife haha.  I'll stop by tomorrow and check it out.  I see your beloved Mammoth Mountain has added an additional 4 feet since the start of December.  Seems like they're off to a solid start for the season, would love to see one of those 500-600" type years out there.

That's what I'm hoping for. Weather is REALLY fickle out there - last December they received 191" of snow. In January they got 0". Hoping they get into some atmospheric river events and keep piling it up!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think? January 16 was all snow? I sort of remember driving home from work at 5pm as the snow was starting.

I was not here so do not remember it that well.  @paweather got me with his pragmatic question...did not even think of it being the same day.  Nice one.   Not worth a kerfuffle though. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Jan '16 snowstorm was on a Saturday, and it was all snow start to finish.  I recorded 35", the single-largest snow event of my life.  (I was 56 at the time).

We were all going crazy with the unprecedented amounts the NAM was putting out.  I remember one run showed 42" over Cumberland county.  Unreal!

If I remember correctly, the Nam was on a bit of an Island as well.  I was not here to see it but remember doing some model following. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If I remember correctly, the Nam was on a bit of an Island as well.  I was not here to see it but remember doing some model following. 

That's correct. A bunch in here were laughing at the outlandish output...that storm forever sealed the deal for me to never discount the NAM. Flaws and all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's correct. A bunch in here were laughing at the outlandish output...that storm forever sealed the deal for me to never discount the NAM. Flaws and all.

I thought you said Nam, Flyers and all....had to read it again.  Caps are in Philly.   Ps, I forgot....do not answer, sorry.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Fog downtown was about as thick as it can get between 9-11 am. Couldn’t see a tree accord front street. 

I had to drive in the fog around 4 am and it was actually raining at the same time which is rare. I can barely remember having a super thick fog where it also started raining at the same time

14 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Almost unbelievable story developing in the Tamaqua area tonight. Two firefighters die battling a house fire, and an apparent gun suicide during the fire. 

https://www.skooknews.com/2022/12/two-firefighters-die-in-west-penn.html?m=1

Awful. I do have to question why after an hour they were on the 2nd floor still but I don’t want to disrespect anyone. Tragic.