• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

The CTP forecast for Marysville has the look of Winter weather chances upon us this week.

Saturday Night
A chance of snow after 1am, mixing with rain after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. East wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. 
Sunday
Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. 
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 39.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
Wednesday
A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday Night
Rain, snow, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday
Rain, snow, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

The PHX forecast for Sun City shows winter for me too...ugh

Tuesday
Areas of frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
Tuesday Night
Widespread frost. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 34. Calm wind.
Wednesday
Widespread frost. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 54. Calm wind.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The 0z GFS has a very interesting Winter storm potential late next week. The blocking forces the storm in the Midwest to hit a brick wall. The low redevelops this run well to the south of us near the VA/NC border. This run brings significant snow to most of CTP. 

This is 1 week out, but the blocking is causing this to trend in the right direction at this time.

4C74D4EE-A4DE-44CF-B029-7721F35C3FB2.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z GFS has a very interesting Winter storm potential late next week. The blocking forces the storm in the Midwest to hit a brick wall. The low redevelops this run well to the south of us near the VA/NC border. This run brings significant snow to most of CTP. 

This is 1 week out, but the blocking is causing this to trend in the right direction at this time.

4C74D4EE-A4DE-44CF-B029-7721F35C3FB2.png

How much for Phill....uh, Pillow? 

• Haha 1

I sure hope (and pray) I don't get a Flagstaff load assignment on Monday...

Sunday Night
Snow showers, mainly after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow after midnight. Low around 24. Breezy, with a south wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Monday
Snow showers, mainly before 11am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly before 11am. High near 33. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This is next Thursday & Friday, so this is not out in fantasy land.

D6130307-406C-4AAA-88B8-B84DD4806037.png

It's toeing the line between fantasy and reality.  As an old Met professor was fond of saying, forecasts more than 5-7 days out aren't worth the paper they're written on.  Now, this was 20 years ago so things have improved, but yeah, you get it.  Either way, excited to have some real potential on the maps.  Canadian and Euro have some variations of this as well.  There was a day last week where no one in the country hit 80.  Winter is upon us, you can feel it in your loins, or perhaps that's just me ha.  Carry on.

Just now, paweather said:

I like the way you guys have been talking! 

The next 7 to 10 days are going to reiterate why elevation and latitude matter so much. Y'all have a solid chance to get on the board a couple of times beginning Sunday night (mostly north of the PA Turnpike), then again sometime between  December 16th - 19th (could be a legit plowable event for many). 

I must confess that Monday and Tuesday this week, my confidence was shaken a bit that we might be getting Lucy'd, but things snapped back into place pretty quickly. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

The next 7 to 10 days are going to reiterate why elevation and latitude matter so much. Y'all have a solid chance to get on the board a couple of times beginning Sunday night (mostly north of the PA Turnpike), then again sometime between  December 16th - 19th (could be a legit plowable event for many). 

I must confess that Monday and Tuesday this week, my confidence was shaken a bit that we might be getting Lucy'd, but things snapped back into place pretty quickly. 

Hopefully we cash in.