• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, snowing in NC with that type of block was not good when I just looked. 

-PNA allows the storm strengthen over the central US, then coastal doesn't get going because of Atlantic blocking. A lot of moving pieces here so don't expect consensus probably until 00z Monday runs. Bottom line up front: stormy, cooler pattern emerging with several opportunities.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

-PNA allows the storm strengthen over the central US, then coastal doesn't get going because of Atlantic blocking. A lot of moving pieces here so don't expect consensus probably until 00z Monday runs. Bottom line up front: stormy, cooler pattern emerging with several opportunities.

Yea, I am not making any forecast or definitive statements, just a model PBP on one specific storm.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I am not making any forecast or definitive statements, just a model PBP on one specific storm.   

Same here just model PBP and I agree Eskimo we have plenty of time for changes good or bad. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Euro tucks...not ideal for the LSV but most of the rest of PA is in for golden white abundance.   The snowfall maps shows some decent totals at the northern edge of the LSV and some accumnulating other areas.   A positive trend from 0Z though. 

Well we are in play that is good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Behind the chances for this week, we turn into a legit -NAO/-AO and neutral to slightly +PNA, with favorable EPO. No two ways about, we are looking decent.

This has the chance to be an awesome couple of weeks as we approach the holidays!

Lots of late nights of tracking on the way!

It’s nice to see “snow likely” in my CTP forecast for early Sunday am.

Saturday Night
A chance of rain and snow between 1am and 4am, then a chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. East wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. 
Sunday
Snow likely before 7am, then rain and snow likely between 7am and 10am, then rain likely after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.