joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

42 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Low of 2 in Marysville overnight 

10 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Low of 2 here as well.

Same for me here...  +2.3 degrees at 5:05am.  Was hoping to reach or break zero but not this time.  That leaves my coldest low temperature of the entire year at -0.6F back on January 22nd.  A combination of a decent snowpack along with radiational cooling produced that.  Remember we had that prolonged cold period for about 3 weeks following a decent snowstorm back in late December, I think.  Currently it has warmed back up to 6.6 degrees.

Very impressive- high today was 13.5, currently it's 12.9. I believe that is record shattering cold.

Though - Christmas eve 1983 was a little colder during the afternoon hours than today was. I left work at 5pm and it was 3 degrees after being in the upper 20s earlier in the morning.

Both air masses were/are historic, though the 1983 outbreak featured subzero temps here that this outbreak will not.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Very impressive- high today was 13.5, currently it's 12.9. I believe that is record shattering cold.

Though - Christmas eve 1983 was a little colder during the afternoon hours than today was. I left work at 5pm and it was 3 degrees after being in the upper 20s earlier in the morning.

Both air masses were/are historic, though the 1983 outbreak featured subzero temps here that this outbreak will not.

Matched your high here perfectly...13.5 degrees with a low this morning of 2.3 degrees and a mean of 7.9 degrees.  That's easily in the top 10 coldest days / means I've ever recorded.  Perhaps even nudging into the top 5 coldest.  Today's high was pretty darn close to the coldest daily high I have recorded since moving here 22 years ago.  There haven't been many sub-10 degree highs, for sure, in my lifetime.  Less than a handful. Right now I'm back down to 11.7 with a forecast low of 10.

• Like 1