• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hmmm - wife and I are spending a few days in Chincoteague 12/27-12/30...

That would certainly limit the need for mosquito spray!  LOL.  We were at Assateague a few months ago.  My wife does not know it, but she is getting a Nat Park pass for Christmas.   Not paying to see the horses next time! 

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

And now I feel bad about killing off the horses.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

We've seen them plenty. I won't tell...

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That would certainly limit the need for mosquito spray!  LOL.  We were at Assateague a few months ago.  My wife does not know it, but she is getting a Nat Park pass for Christmas.   Not paying to see the horses next time! 

That's a great gift! We just got ours in preparation for our 3 week cross-country odyssey next May. As of now we have plans to hit 9 parks during our trip. 

• Like 1

Ha! The wind left our sails here in Williamsport while I was asleep. I went to bed around 6:00 and at that time, temperature predictions had gone down a few degrees and  accumulations had gone up. Woke up around 11:30 and quickly heard the sounds of weather outside; too noisy to think about going back to sleep. Went outside, I could see the grass through the white which is glistening, so not just snow. Currently "rain and snow". Wunderground now calling for just 3.1 snow today, .12 rain Friday.

NWS calls for more:

This Afternoon
Freezing rain and sleet before 2pm, then freezing rain between 2pm and 4pm, then snow after 4pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 35. East wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow before 9pm, then rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 34. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Friday
Rain likely, mainly before 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. West wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.