• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

I haven't looked at winds all too much with this but would probably be when we get the system off the delmarva. Best bet is to take a look at what is going on around DCA/BWI as the low comes up the coast. Looks like it may pop out at the mouth of the Chesapeake. Most were pushing it just SE of Baltimore flooding us with warmth. 

2 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Heavy snow here in palmerton (low land carbon county)

Walnutport (just south of the mountain range 5 miles south of here) is sleet

Macungie PA reporting rain

Kinda exactly GFS like…

as per above themals, the good news is that the column while marginally so, is decent for many in sub., so dynamic cooling has a chance as better precip rates come before coastal cranks and SE winds do their thingy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife just drove from home to downtown Hershey in less than 25 minutes. She said no one was on the roads and there were zero ice issues. 

I'm hearing roads are fine up here, just untreated sidewalks and such are they issue. 

I think the heavy rain helped keep some of the icing in check

• Like 1

Surfaces (including trees, etc) still have a solid coat of ice here and there’s a slushy freezing rain falling right now. WU app says it’s 33 degrees; nearby ambient stations are at 32.5 and 32.7. I’d love to get some snow with this, but I know better than to expect it. 

Edited to say, untreated surfaces are still coated with ice. As far as I know, roads are okay but I’m still glad to be working from home today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dj88 said:

Elysburg is sitting at 33 just a cold rain. Had maybe .25 inches of sleet on the ground around 8 but that is almost gone. Looking up at the mountain it doesn't appear to be getting white either.

Hoping you get your changeover soon....or welcome to the club. ;)

Plenty of room on the bench for ya....