Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…

that high pressure north of Maine is real, and so is the -NAO.  It’s going to exert its presence imo. Will it be enough for everyone? I think at the moment, if you’re WOR and off the immediate coast, you’re in the game at least. Let’s see how the rest of 12z goes.  

As it stands currently with obvious changes that could occur over the next several days. If I were to chase the best chances for powder would I be better off going to Maine (Sugarloaf) or Vermont (Mount Snow) ?

thanks 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…

that high pressure north of Maine is real, and so is the -NAO.  It’s going to exert its presence imo. Will it be enough for everyone? I think at the moment, if you’re WOR and off the immediate coast, you’re in the game at least. Let’s see how the rest of 12z goes.  

Agreed. Not feeling it here in the valley at the moment, but the elevated spots a little inland could do well here. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, masonwoods said:

The 12Z GFS appears to be making this next event into a long duration storm.  Do you see this event playing out that way?

It’s a great question…

my first impulse would be to say yes because of the nature of the hemisphere being in a blocky regime.  We are in a climatologically favored location for slow downs, stalls, and exotic types of retrograde behavior in general, during times of blocking.

however there is a conflict with the basal state of the hemisphere and the La Niña - particularly this ladder factor is of importance because the hemisphere appears to actually be coupled to the La Niña basal state.

that conflict in principle is probably related to why we saw the models  with unusual  stuff going on over the last week.  Model performance is rarely held accountable beyond day six without a degree of incredulity (ha), anyway.  But there have been some really rather extraordinary large mass fields movements across modeling cycles over the past week that have been hard to predict and rather unexpected even considering that.  

Anyway… it’s not abundantly clear that the slowing tendency of the blocking hemisphere will be able to operate without some influence from the other aspect. I’m inclined to think that we are losing a big closed vortex going underneath our latitude because of that … but the circulation medium still has a lot of mechanics that have to resolve its way through and it’s not going to go through the block. Therein fits taking the compromise - which is often the course of lesser regret in these conflicting scenarios  

Right/for now I’m leaning on a moderate impact scenario by our climatological standards moving somewhat slower than we’ve seen in recent year storm budget, with profiles probably a little colder than what we’re seeing now. That “moderate” may be open to some subjective interpretation understood

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Appears you were right , that is slightly more inland like you said at 12z , not sure if John Was using 84-96 hour comparisons to highlight changes at 5H  but I’m no met 

Pretty sure he meant earlier in the run, it started a bit east.  I was just showing why dryslot said it was north a bit, at his lat/long

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Meanwhile in a preemptive move, American Rubber has temporarily rented a warehouse just inside the city limits of Methuen, MA.  The warehouse is uniquely constructed with rooms and AR is outfitting each of them for the period 12/15-1/10.

Any suites available?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Meanwhile in a preemptive move, American Rubber has temporarily rented a warehouse just inside the city limits of Methuen, MA.  The warehouse is uniquely constructed with rooms and AR is outfitting each of them for the period 12/15-1/10.

More are going to join me after Friday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro looks liquidy in SNE outside of Berks and maybe nrn ORH. I don't see an improvement there. 

Looks a bit colder at 925, but the track didn't really improve...so the only real difference is maybe a little more snow at the onset. Was hoping to see a jog east but not this run.