Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

Nice Miller A/‘NJ model’ hybrid low in the American flagship guidance, huh 

I was vocal about the Tenn V cyclogen potential after the guard change takes over the continent … Still feel that potential is enhancing. Not sure if the GFS is necessarily honing the right interval - it’s consistency is noted.  But the Euro emphasized  the earlier interval in the 00z.  Both operating within the same synoptic motif - either could ‘win’ and they’d behave/impact similarly  

Caveat emptor on any of them

— the 20 to 30% over amplitude bias of beyond ~ D5s.  I feel firing a Tenn V flat dart off the upper MA and sending it through 980mbs …qualifies as suspect candidate. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

They are going to do it regardless I think.  They might get giant 72 hour windows and good temps every night; plus, the world cup wants this race and trusts them. 

Pretty good chance of some natural help for sure. I know that's probably a small portion of the massive and dense man made snow...but hey it helps.

54 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That’s been inspector looming for weeks actually… Any kind of classical interpretive evaluation over what that construct implies is pretty constrained around winter frankly-with a question being seasonal cold versus extreme cold notwithstanding but it’s not gonna be merely normal.

Not taking sides. I’m not part of the discussion and don’t know the history but I’ve been pretty clear about my position on matters, not that anybody cares lol

Yes, we’ve been trying to tell the Pope it’s not normal mid November temps, but he just keeps on behaving blasphemously. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What?

Just mentioning a article that was on MarketWatch .com “Nicole is Florida’s first November hurricane in 40 years, How climate change is extending Hurricane season” . These articles pose as scientific fact these days , wasn’t sure this was the slam dunk the article claims 

• Sad 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just mentioning a article that was on MarketWatch .com “Nicole is Florida’s first November hurricane in 40 years, How climate change is extending Hurricane season”

A hurricane during hurricane season. What an anomaly. It was barely tropical and likely aided by a massive high to the north tightening the pressure gradient. Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Just mentioning a article that was on MarketWatch .com “Nicole is Florida’s first November hurricane in 40 years, How climate change is extending Hurricane season” . These articles pose as scientific fact these days , wasn’t sure this was the slam dunk the article claims 

"Sponsored by the Media!"

• Thanks 1