Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If they are as accurate as they have been, calling for a back half Novie torch back in late Oct, we’re in good shape.

I was thinking that same thing immediately after reading Will’s post. They failed atrociously on a week 3 prog..I mean a complete opposite outcome. 

That's where the Pope and 1717 Went wrong…they bought into that torch for next week on the weeklies a few weeks ago.  

You win some, you lose some I guess.

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

How often is it there's fun in the region for Nov snow? Climo says not very but there are some that it would favor early on.

Pretty hard to get warning snow in November. Even at ORH at 1000 feet. 

November warning snows at ORH off top of my head since 1985

2002 (2004 did have marginal warning snow southeast of ORH)

6 out of 37 years. Went all of the 1990s without a warning event in November. Did have some solid advisory events though in 1997, 1995, and 1991. 

Usually there’s a 1-2” event though. I’d be surprised if we don’t get measurable this month given the pattern shown. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

6 out of 37 years. Went all of the 1990s without a warning event in November. Did have some solid advisory events though in 1997, 1995, and 1991. 

Usually there’s a 1-2” event though. I’d be surprised if we don’t get measurable this month given the pattern shown. 

Yes, For most its rare air for siggy outside of higher elevations in CNE/NNE, I would be surprised as well, If some don't see at least first flakes maybe better in areas that are less prone, Pattern looks ripe for some snow in the region, There's good reason some avg's are below 3" overall, Chance's increase for late Nov though, That's where decent snows could sneak in as we get closer to Thanksgiving, I've hunted in the foothills in fresh powder a few years of 6-12" before.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yes, For most its rare air for siggy outside of higher elevations in CNE/NNE, I would be surprised as well, If some don't see at least first flakes maybe better in areas that are less prone, Pattern looks ripe for some snow in the region, There's good reason some avg's are below 3" overall, Chance's increase for late Nov though, That's where decent snows could sneak in as we get closer to Thanksgiving, I've hunted in the foothills in fresh powder a few years of 6-12" before.

When I was a kid I always though Dec 5 was the realistic start of snow season, where I live anyway, you're earlier than me.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

So Novie is not a winter month after all…got it.