Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TD 9/Ian Banter

MattPetrulli

16 minutes ago, Normandy said:

This is as dicey of a situation as you can get for Tampa.  I still think it comes in just south but Jesus its gonna be close.

Gutsy call given the bulk of the modeling remains just offshore followed by a stall and limping into the NGOM/Big Bend coast while being sheared apart. Still would have some significant impacts, no doubt and a weenie-tastic nail biter of a forecast.

Not THAT gutsy.  When I say just south, I'm basically saying the eye could go over Tampa considering angle of approach.  I'm more of the belief the trough tugs this further east than being modeled (and kind of being verified right now in real time as its a bit east of the forecast track).  Even a further south solution is not a large track error (50 miles means much more in this case than typical 90 degree approach).

Just got off the phone with a friend in Tampa who lives across the street from the mayor on the edge of Evacuation Zone A.

"They just delivered a big load of plywood to her house. I went over and asked them whether she was boarding up her house."

"Oh, no; she's remodeling. This is for her new kitchen floor."

True story.

• Haha 3

Live storm streaming HD video from Gulfport Florida. :)

Its raining. But our cool little town if there is any kind of Storm Surge attracts all of the local TV news as our downtown is low and the photo ops are always news worthy. For years I dreamed of a live webcam in Gulfport for a storm. Well, with the local rag we just pulled it off:

https://thegabber.com/gulfport-fl-beach-webcam/

We have a solid UPC battery backup that will record for several hours (if the water does not drown all our equipment), but come back to see how the street looks while it is live.

Eta has 4ft at this location. Irma a bit more. Agnes has the record as far as I know.

We hope it stays online enough to see!!

• Thanks 2