• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England heavy rain event Sept 5/6 2022. Does this end the summer drought?

wxeyeNH

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Might be one last hurrah…not sure if it will be enough for 3 tenths but it has a chance if you can get under one of the heavier echoes and they don’t weaken. 

2DAECF32-844C-427B-8454-5F075CD5AB88.gif

Going to finish with 9.99 LOL. The news at 6 said one station reported 11.63. Don't know if that was a trained spotter or a hobbiest. I didn't see any amount that high on wundermap for Cranston. Have to say though when the rain first started yesterday the rate was 5.34 and by far the loudest rain I've ever heard. You could here it coming. I live 1/4 mile from the highway and told my wife that's not the sound of cars from the highway. 2 minutes later massive rain drops and the defining sound it made. It was incredibly loud for about 5 minutes.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think my one melt in the middle of an event was the firehose rain storm in mid-March 2010. We missed a 2-3 foot paste bomb by like 1C over the interior. (We actually had a little wet snow at the beginning)

Everyone has at least one. Some have hundreds, lol. 

One of the worst ones I had was Ginxy talking about tobogganing on 3" of snow and how that was fine. I lost it. Than late Jan 2015 came.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

January 2014 here.  Leon can eat a fat one.  Cutter-suppression-cutter-suppression-cutter-suppression.  More inches of rain than snow for 2-3 weeks.

Below normal temps too, if I'm remembering correctly. 

Anyway, back to this one.  Up to 1.41" and still raining.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey is that you and wife’s house ? That looks like a beautiful setup 

Yes thanks we custom built in 2018, been doing all the yard and landscaping on my own every year since. Grass was perfect until stein got her this year. Finally finished the pool and landscaping around it this summer. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s insane, almost hard to believe (not saying I don’t) because so often there are slight inconsistencies in small amounts that widen with the bigger the rainfall.

It's what I got. May have spilled a couple hundredths out of Stratus lol It was heavy this morning.