Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
August 2022

Rtd208

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

A Wunderground station that looks like it’s near Jackson Ave. Its down to 94 now but there were a few stations in that area in the upper 90s. 

Ok that's S of me with houses a little closer together, not as much green compared to N of the LIRR tracks by me.

HRRR has consistently, since 0z run last night and almost every consecutive run, been showing cells firing over central Long Island during the evening hours tonight. It hasn't been too bad with the location of cells for today, it had the storms over the sound, north shore, CT and SE New England, so who knows if it will be right. Obviously, no model is perfect with convection like this. The front is pretty visible on OKX, still over CT. Storms are still building off of it. Interested to see what happens when it hits the sea breeze boundary.

27 minutes ago, psv88 said:

We have been bone dry here, other than the immediate north shore coastline. We had a decent July, but nothing since the last week in July

Looks like some kind of boundary is over us-seabreeze/outflow. If only something can fire on it. I think I heard thunder a minute ago. 

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Your dp is running a bit high lol.   90/74 currently here.  

I've seen multiple stations with insane Dewpoint#s, 75-80 while others are 70-75.. at first I thought it was station error but now idk what to believe... could the Dewpoint be that drastically different from shoreline to more or 2 away ?