Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

An inch a half of rain 2 weeks ago puts me in a local high?:huh:

Arent we using like actual sample sizes? Not two weeks? Those maps look fine to me. Drought sample size isn’t two weeks.

You don't think an inch and a half of rain makes a big difference compared to areas that received a few tenths?

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

An inch a half of rain 2 weeks ago puts me in a local high?:huh:

Arent we using like actual sample sizes? Not two weeks? Those maps look fine to me. Drought sample size isn’t two weeks.

Considering some spots haven't had 1.5" going back to June I'd say yeah, a local high.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, that map is pretty course and doesn't cover the meso nuances....Brett got dumped on a couple of weeks ago.

The rain has been just like the snow here....misses to the north and south.

Have you noticed how much the climate of Methuen has changed since you moved to Methuen???

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kev's area hasn't been too bad over the last 45 days. It's more E CT into RI and Scoot to the Cape while TAN has had that local max. The Cape has been a desert.

snerain.png

The closest station to me is 1.36… Kevin over 4.

A better representation for me is easton or Raynham. I literally couldn’t be any further from the Taunton site. It’s 10+ miles from me 

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kev's area hasn't been too bad over the last 45 days. It's more E CT into RI and Scoot to the Cape while TAN has had that local max. The Cape has been a desert.

snerain.png

This proves my point though. Call it a local max or whatever, it’s still significantly less than Tolland over a sample size longer than 2 weeks 

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

snerain.png

I had 2.82” in July . As I recall much of that was in the first 20 days or so. .41 thus far in Aug. I’m in the NW portion of town closer to Vernon and Ellington . So 3.23” in last 45 days and most of it prior to July 20th . I’m not exactly sure where that station is on that map , but it’s either far NE part of town or Willington 

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

God, this is what 2022, The Year of Bore, has come to....stealing one another's drought.

Haha, People have gotten real defensive over their drought… you almost wonder if folks wish they didn’t get some downpours so the numbers look “cleaner.”

I also don’t get the “but it was convective and happened fast so throw it out.”  That’s how summer precip is.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha, People have gotten real defensive over their drought… you almost wonder if folks wish they didn’t get some downpours so the numbers look “cleaner.”

I also don’t get the “but it was convective and happened fast so throw it out.”  That’s how summer precip is.

It's kinda like when you're at 25" in March and you start cheering on futility.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's kinda like when you're at 25" in March and you start cheering on futility.

And then a rogue pencil thin deform band gets only you for 14” on March 20th that melted two days later and the whole forum is telling you your winter was fine now and you will not stand for that.  That’s what a 1.5-2.0” thunderstorm is right now.