Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Holy pea soup fog. 

Slate gray an hour ago here, but as hi res vis satellite imagery revealed...it was totally clear just NW.  Mainly a S-E region, strata rebuild during the cooling darkness of the overnight. But now as the sun intervals burst through, the loop also reveals it's very thin. 

Should be clearing lowering RH quickly NW of ~ BOS-PVD.  Sooner NW.

Quite a milder feel to the still air this morning comparing recent mornings.  Already 57 here.  Higher launch pad.   Looking at the low level gradient, very light.  Even out at Logan is 'cast to stay under 10 mph, tho still NE.   That's probably variable by Cambridge side.  That does, however, set stage for the local sea-breeze circulation to set up.. So probably a boundary works inland toward I-95 and eventually 495 late afternoon.   Should be upper 70s out here if/when that arrives - not certainty. 

It's a tedious, nerdy now cast to give a shit about a random still day in May but what can I say - that's the way I roll. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...Keeping my eye on my daughter's graduation day on the 20th in Bristol, R.I.  So far it looks like 60's and some clouds.  Could be perfect since it is outdoors and there will be not tents. 

Fauci is the guest speaker so I am thinking of wearing my hazmat suit.  lol

Is he really?!

40 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...Keeping my eye on my daughter's graduation day on the 20th in Bristol, R.I.  So far it looks like 60's and some clouds.  Could be perfect since it is outdoors and there will be not tents. 

60’s? Looks like around 80

67 at 10...

'10 after 10' rule of thumb seems about right.

Transparent strata appears too thin to be much limitation on heating.  The strew float like islands in a much broader blue sky so ample sun.  Denser E-S but even there it's trending less..

You know, we need the rain?   My lawn - as a yokel's metric ... - is not growing/replacing very well for May after just one mowing...  I don't recall having a decent soaking in quite some time.  That coastal/cut-off ordeal didn't bring rains to much of the area - just choked off the sun and Labradorian flow kept the trees dormant. lol - 

but yeah.. heading into 4 days of 75 to 83 with low rain and high sun

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Congrats. Should be coc on Friday, yea. Low dews next week but they do start creeping back up next weekend. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Just came from the marina. 1/4 mile visibility . 54. Haves and have nots. Day 238465464

You need to think of midsummer when it's 96/76 on the Boston Common and 72 (both air and water) at your place, with a nice sea breeze.  :D

Had 73/30 yesterday.  This morning's low of 37 ends a six-day run of sub-freezing minima.
Forecast contrast not often seen:  Maine foothills, sunny and 85.  Inland SNJ, sunny and 69.  Only in late spring NNE.

• Like 1

NAM appears to have come around to warmer per this 12z run.

Given up on that strange low level RH contamination - it was putting out 95% choke in the bottom, under nil mid and U/A cloud ceilings/May sun;  with the ocean flow cutting off, that wasn't clear where that was coming from. 

Anyway, the 980 mb over Logan surges to +24C on Saturday, 18z ...which is probably 27 or 28 C in the real 2-meter ( not what is displayed in those graphic charts that say 2-meter but stop at the adiabats). 

+22C above the 2-meter mixing depth tomorrow.

That all translates probably the low 80s F even tomorrow, and mid/upper 80s Saturday.  

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

83/36 up here.  Dipped into the upper 30s again last night.

Days and days and days of sub 20% RH and warmth.  This is literally day 7 now of full sunshine.

San Diego style weather and it keeps going.

You may want to tone it down a bit. You're not making any friends with the folks on the south coast.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

83/36 up here.  Dipped into the upper 30s again last night.

Days and days and days of sub 20% RH and warmth.  This is literally day 7 now of full sunshine.

San Diego style weather and it keeps going.

Scoot is coming for you.

istockphoto-1146567955-640x640.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

You may want to tone it down a bit. You're not making any friends with the folks on the south coast.

We tend to do spring pretty well lately.  I have no doubt that the lack of leaves though are what's helping the huge diurnal swings and low RH.  I bet same air mass with full summer green/leaves and it's more like 30-35% RH instead of like 10-20% during max heating.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Scoot is coming for you.

istockphoto-1146567955-640x640.jpg

It's so dry out there the picnic tables may just spontaneously combust... he probably doesn't even have to light them.

We've had some helluva great stretches of weather the past 5 springs.  Maybe we've always had them but it seems I've noticed them more lately.  Like solid 10 day stretches of warmth and low humidity.  Even on the extreme side like the May a few years ago when it was like 95-97F but dews in the 40s.

• Like 1