Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
April 18 Nor’easter

Weather Will

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea, if even this was 2 or 3 weeks earlier with the same conditions it would be a paste bomb for many.

#perfect track rainstorm (for most of us anyways). 

Do you think some of the further east locations could of gotten something if this happened at 4am instead of near peak sun influence? At the very least the locations getting snow would probably have a couple inches of snow by this point. 

1 minute ago, SnowenOutThere said:

#perfect track rainstorm (for most of us anyways). 

Do you think some of the further east locations could of gotten something if this happened at 4am instead of near peak sun influence? At the very least the locations getting snow would probably have a couple inches of snow by this point. 

Yea, if this has happened early this morning it probably would've been TV Snow down even to I-95. The strong April sun definitely warmed the lowest levels enough to offset any evaporational cooling. My wx station was 33/30 at 6am this morning, but despite the clouds we warmed to 44/35 at of 2pm. 

• Thanks 1

Its funny in a sad way though, we spent months hoping for an storm progression just like this one and then it happens just a couple weeks too late for us. We even had a decent (not great) pattern for once and only got one medium event right as it started. Oh well, maybe next year we can get pacific help and blocking at the same time, and not whiff with that pattern.  

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This track is actually the perfect track for my area to get crushed during the winter. Running right on the coast doesnt get any better for here. Alas it wansnt meant to be this year. I am still not going to complain about getiing an inch of snow in mid April. But what could have been. 

Actually good to mitigate the early season wildland fire risk in western MD and WV panhandle. We might escape spring this year without a major fire.

• Like 1