Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022

wdrag

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Why are you posting in the NYC forum or even care what goes on in here when you live in the Tug Hill Plateau of upstate NY? 

He just recognizes the same crap you post about every single event and/or at the beginning of every single month. I could set my watch to it. BTW I'm not overly excited myself about March but still could see 1 or 2 minor/moderate type events especially the farther north you are. Too early for anybody to throw the towel in on winter right now. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

we are going to turn cold by mid-month.  the long-range GFS has a well-known issue parameterizing nuclear soot and ash particles in the upper atmosphere.

Will this is a hell of a way to get even for losing the weather window for the swimsuit photo session. As always ….

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Not buying the 2nd half of March/after mid-month “winter is coming back” hype going around on twitter. Maybe central and northern interior New England pull off something? But the 1st half of March, at least, looks to be cooked here. As far as hoping for some miracle comeback after 3/15…good luck with that. And as far as a mid-month “SSW” some are talking about, what’s being shown is not even a true SSW, if anything it’s a normal final warming event, which happens every spring. Even if there was a mid-March SSWE, what good does that even do? There is a lag and by then it’s the tail end of March/early April….too little too late for producing a snowstorm pattern here. If it results in blocking, it’s chilly rains and dreary chilly spring days when no one wants it anymore

Can't quite put my finger on it but I could swear I've seen this post before.......

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Weenie 1

51 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

He just recognizes the same crap you post about every single event and/or at the beginning of every single month. I could set my watch to it. BTW I'm not overly excited myself about March but still could see 1 or 2 minor/moderate type events especially the farther north you are. Too early for anybody to throw the towel in on winter right now. 

Same crap is right... 

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't live in the Tug Hill. I did for a year, but the economy there is very difficult. Since we're totally free to post on any forum on here, I enjoy the NYC forum, as you have some really knowledgeable weather folks on here who don't just discuss storms for only your area. Why do you have "snowman" in your name when you very clearly like to "down" any winter weather possibilities? I agree in that winter in general seems to be lacking lately...but you seem to intentionally try to find any reason possible to advertise warmth and no winter.

Post here all you like, any good contributions are welcome. But your payment will be your home/cabin during a 2-3 foot event off Lake Ontario. ;) 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

We need police up here too. Based on your political positions that you've shared a bit on OT, I think you would like this area better as well...especially Oswego and Lewis counties.

I'm going to inquire about other state police departments.  I don't like NYC .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Not buying the 2nd half of March/after mid-month “winter is coming back” hype going around on twitter. Maybe central and northern interior New England pull off something? But the 1st half of March, at least, looks to be cooked here. As far as hoping for some miracle comeback after 3/15…good luck with that. And as far as a mid-month “SSW” some are talking about, what’s being shown is not even a true SSW, if anything it’s a normal final warming event, which happens every spring. Even if there was a mid-March SSWE, what good does that even do? There is a lag and by then it’s the tail end of March/early April….too little too late for producing a snowstorm pattern here. If it results in blocking, it’s chilly rains and dreary chilly spring days when no one wants it anymore

what about some random 2-4" event between March 15-22 which seems to often happen even in mediocre patterns? Or do you think March will be a total shut out (there aren't many of those.)

It's very hard to get a 6" plus snowstorm without a great pattern after March 15th, but a 4" event can happen in such a pattern all the way thru the first 10 days of April.

22 minutes ago, LoboLeader1 said:

Fwiw today is the last day of meteorological winter. 

Works better in places further for the ocean. Here in the north east, with NYC really being the Dividing line  March is still a cold season month. Having lived in Maryland for 4 years for college, spring really does start to our Sw a few weeks earlier. 
wasted cold this week, I would happily take some spring like weather over cold and dry this time of year

• Like 2