• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I would agree. Especially if Reggie holds or ticks south.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NAM comes south at 00z and the other guidance comes north to narrow the goalposts. Other guidance is so much colder/south than the NAM that at some point we're going to need to see a convergence.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the NAM comes south at 00z and the other guidance comes north to narrow the goalposts. Other guidance is so much colder/south than the NAM that at some point we're going to need to see a convergence.

Yeah as much as everyone is scoffing at that, I still expect some of the cold solutions to come north a bit. I agree.

6 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Also. NAM at 48 hours had h85 at 0.4.  I haven’t looked at a sounding but if that layer is thin enough and no warmer you can easily get away with rimed snowflakes.   I don’t think the vendor algorithms factor that in.   Of course by 48 hours rates are slowing but upper levels cold fairly quickly after that.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know you hate what I say this, but that's modeled further east.

Don’t care about that. I see that hang back all the way to West of river . It always happens in these. The sky lowers.. you get all these posts about it’s snowing hard but nothing shows on radar.. and then the returns start showing after about 30 mins 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic