• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I did not see 6z Euro clown map but assuming it cut back and looks like NAM now.

TWC 5 to 8 for the south coast looks to be in jeopardy.

Not even close to the NAM lol forecast remains exactly the same 4-8” probably closer to 4-6” but like to leave the 8” in there just in case the thump over-performs. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thanks man. Life can be Russian roulette sometimes. My MIL was visibly upset because she was a few min late to our meetup thinking had she not been we would not have crashed….but I was like, had she been on time maybe the tree falls on us instead. Who the eff knows. Count your blessings and keep on. 

Glad you guys are ok! I missed doing the same thing last year. Not much wind at all but the tree was water logged and dead a few seconds makes all the difference 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I totaled my car last night off exit 16 when a tree fell in front of me and I smashed into it head on. My life flashed before me with my daughter in the car…so I’m never driving in any inclement weather again, even in a windy rain lol. 

Damn Luke you guys alright? Pics?

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can get like 5 to 1 sleet ratios if it’s really cold with a ton of pixie dust mixed in but that type of ratio usually doesn’t happen over a long period of sleet. Best to assume 2 to 1 or maybe 3 to 1 in a colder profile. 

We actually had that here, that 5 .. 6::1 sleet bomb, from that event that was... jeezus, fore' or aft the blizzard.  But we had it climbing up the tire walls in driveways and plow-able deep.  I was dweebing it checking out the particulates in the pack on top of the car and could not find a snow aggregate, yet it was like 4"

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

We actually had that here, that 5 .. 6::1 sleet bomb, from the event ... jeez it was either fore' or aft the blizzard.  But we had it climbing up the tire walls in driveways and plow-able deep.  I was dweebing it checking out the particulates in the pack on top of the car and could not find a snow aggregate, yet it was like 4"

It was after the blizzard....the early Feb deal. I had 2" of sleet.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic