Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 24-25, 2022 Ice/Sleet/Rain/Snow (yeah sure) Storm Thread

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

We never learn.

I 100% agree. But since this is the type of storm that is unlikely because it’s only one model, and it’s output is something most don’t really want, my logic says that starting this might cause this to flip into something we do want or just go away. How’s that for some deductive logic? Lol

It wasn’t much idea. I’m just obliging @CAPE so that maybe he will get to work on his storm.

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

On the contrary - time to put superstitions behind us. We fail whether there is a thread or not. 

As a science based person on a science based forum, not starting a thread to track and discuss the details of a stable discrete storm threat because jinx!!! is beyond silly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, snowmagnet said:

I think the thread is really helpful since we’ve been talking about various periods of storminess in the next couple of weeks. It seems like the northern areas have a good chance at frozen this time. I’m in Fairfax County so it seems like a long-shot here, but I’m always hopeful for a surprise.  

Agreed. This one looks more interesting for places up near the PA line. It is the storm to track right now so I will keep an eye on it.

Storm thread of 13 posts, the first 10 are about deciding to do the thread. Reminds me of the Paris peace talks when they spent the first couple days trying to agree what shape table to sit at. 

Guess I'm guilty of banter. Might bring out the old guys for comment though. You know who you are.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I 100% agree. But since this is the type of storm that is unlikely because it’s only one model, and it’s output is something most don’t really want, my logic says that starting this might cause this to flip into something we do want or just go away. How’s that for some deductive logic? Lol

It wasn’t much idea. I’m just obliging @CAPE so that maybe he will get to work on his storm.

Is this the CAPE storm? If so, you can't kill the threat....you can only hope to contain it.