• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3-4 significant icing event for the interior, some sleet/snow possible. Coast mostly rain.

NJwx85

That temp spike I had a little while ago was pretty short lived, about 45 minutes overall. It's down to 26/26 with moderate freezing rain now and everything is icing up.

PSA - The potholes that are opening up are epic. They are deep, some are several feet long and they are causing flats and significant vehicle damage here. Be careful out there folks.

• Like 2

Changed Discussion --

Shallow cold air having an extremely difficult time working east of the Lower Hudson Valley due to the hills into western CT. In fact, the colder air is having an easier time moving south into the NYC metro where temperatures will fall at or below freezing over the new few hours along with continued light precipitation. As the colder air gradually deepens it will also expand south and east across CT and LI. Eastern LI may not get below freezing until early this evening. Freezing isotherm approximately located from TEB to HPN to near or just north of DXR (least progress here). A few mesonet sites farther south are around freezing, specifically into the Bronx. Ice accums up to another tenth across northern portions of the Lower Hudson Valley and interior SW CT possible with a light glaze along the coast. Much of Orange and Putnam counties are likely sleet or mixed with freezing rain at this time with a transition to all sleet forecast as the afternoon progresses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gravitylover said:

That temp spike I had a little while ago was pretty short lived, about 45 minutes overall. It's down to 26/26 with moderate freezing rain now and everything is icing up.

PSA - The potholes that are opening up are epic. They are deep, some are several feet long and they are causing flats and significant vehicle damage here. Be careful out there folks.

That bump up happened here too lol

4 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

fake news! im in yonkers and everything is wet.

I mean its definitely possible different parts of yonkers could be seeing different things. By me theres nothing but there is some crunch around snow piles. Also rain just picked up at 31 degrees so we'll see if it's enough to glaze anything. 

34 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

ooo reminds me of 93-94

6 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

i stand corrected walked out to check cause from my window it didn’t look like any ice, nearly busted my a$$ on the sidewalk:lol:

It really just started to freeze up in the last hour or so. Fortunately the roads seem OK, but the salt trucks are out now. Should be an interesting drive back up to Ossining.

• Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

6 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

i stand corrected walked out to check cause from my window it didn’t look like any ice, nearly busted my a$$ on the sidewalk:lol:

Oof.  Maybe I should break out my hockey skates.