• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

Outstanding morning AFD from PHI NWS office this morning.  It lays out the variables and how they affect the final outcome.  Check it out.  A good read.  

Good westward shifts overnight (but for the GFS) but main takeaway is that is that this event still heavily favors I95 south and east over NJ and LI with the heaviest totals.  Having said that there are still going to be shifts and adjustment over the next 24 hours or so and the zone of heaviest totals is yet to be determined.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tim said:

..a little off topic in regard to the nor'easter..but KFOK is @ 0°..I'm @ 16°..amazing how KFOK is so close to me & such a wide spread in temps..

HTO (East Hampton) at 3 degrees, so not far off from the FOK 0 temp.

Wow now FOK down to -1 (is this their first below zero this season?)  HTO holding at 3  (edit- HTO now down to 2.)

It just seems weird that the airport sensor seems to be right where the coldest temps on Long Island are-- what a coincidence lol.  Are we sure there isn't some nearby place around there that might be even colder?

1 hour ago, tim said:

..a little off topic in regard to the nor'easter..but KFOK is @ 0°..I'm @ 16°..amazing how KFOK is so close to me & such a wide spread in temps..

-1° now....I'm @+9°..wow!!

Radiational cooling  at its finest..