Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

9 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Emotions are high due to the potential. If this was a garden variety 4 to 8 event would be different.

That said yes, run to run over- reactions are a little high.

A garden variety 4-8 is all some of us are hoping to get just west of the city, and that will be ok. Well, maybe not, but you get the idea.

Just now, MJO812 said:

Now everyone definitely thinks a big snowstorm is on the way. I understand it's their job but maybe don't put out numbers just yet.

Nothing is definite, even when it is underway, I have seen storms fizzle out. Rarely, and I mean like once or twice in my life, I have seen them exceed expectations locally.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I think the big solutions are mostly off the table except SE New England.  I'd take a wind whipped 4-8 and run

Yeah I agree, the high end potential showed by the last model runs of the CMC RDPS NAM and UKMET are rather low at this point.

I would say however that the floor of 0 is also diminishing, so there's that.

I let my emotions get the best of me when historic and someone gets 30 were floated by really good/respectable METS and were backed up by some model runs. We know historic storms are not frequent for a reason.

Now will sit back and enjoy the ride!

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Yeah I agree, the high end potential showed by the last model runs of the CMC RDPS NAM and UKMET are rather low at this point.

I would say however that the floor of 0 is also diminishing, so there's that.

I let my emotions get the best of me when historic and someone gets 30 were floated by really good/respectable METS and were backed up by some model runs. We know historic storms are not frequent for a reason.

Now will sit back and enjoy the ride!

it's tough when we see the HECS potential and then it gets taken away.  But really need to see that within 48 hrs to get truly on board.   Model runs of 60-72 hrs are almost never the final solutions unless it's a cutter LOL

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

We're definitely not at needing a miracle stage yet. Regardless of what some people might think they know. 

Yeah just wanted an opportunity to throw out a funny.

If that low captures at the right time a UKMET RDPS CMC NAM solution can happen.

• Like 3

Just now, Volcanic Winter said:

Sorry, live in Ocean work in Union. 

Just now, USCG RS said:

No, you really can't. Not to mention.. Municipalities need to have time to prepare

Its a your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't situation.  And that's where  a lot of the bad vibes towards meteorologist comes from unfortunately.