Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

36 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

I think that’s the high bar, decent chance of not a flake and tons of Virga for NYC.  Going to have super dry air funneling right down the Hudson Valley.  Remember the last storm the Euro had a few inches where only a few flakes actually happened.  Never bet against the GFS when its so locked in as it has been for days.  Just remarkable consistency.

Gfs hasn't been locked in for days 

1 minute ago, the_other_guy said:

Yes it has. I love your posts but you try to wish a storm every time.’

Can’t just dismiss the GFS at this point.

It just made a good step west on h5 on the gfs with some left leaners on the gefs.

It's funny how the mood has changed when everyone said dismiss the gfs at 0z.

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Emotions

We went from having a high on the 0z runs to panic because the Euro shifted east.

Emotions are high due to the potential. If this was a garden variety 4 to 8 event would be different.

That said yes, run to run over- reactions are a little high.

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Emotions are high due to the potential. If this was a garden variety 4 to 8 event would be different.

That said yes, run to run over- reactions are a little high.

I think the big solutions are mostly off the table except SE New England.  I'd take a wind whipped 4-8 and run

• Like 1

Ignoring the GFS, and the variance of all other models over the last 24 hours to me suggests difficulty in the placing and evolution of the low. And that means chances still for more or less favorable outcomes. 

I think this one is going down to the wire. Could be wrong and a better consensus forms by this evening. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Emotions

We went from having a high on the 0z runs to panic because the Euro shifted east.

Emotions definitely. A lot of folks got sucked in by the the euro days ago. This has been a thread the needle type event and you might not have model consensus until 12z Friday. Placement of 50-100 miles and a sharp precipitation cutoff is huge here for winners and losers. Still anyones game.

• Like 3

Just now, MJO812 said:

My fiancee is about to cancel her hair trial on Saturday  for our wedding because of the major snowstorm. I told her to hold it off and I will let you know more tomorrow morning lol

no worries here in NJ - no watches

Just now, MJO812 said:

My fiancee is about to cancel her hair trial on Saturday  for our wedding because of the major snowstorm. I told her to hold it off and I will let you know more tomorrow morning lol

had to move my flight out of LGA to Sunday-too risky to go Saturday given the model spread-one time I left it be and got stuck for 15 hrs there

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

And meanwhile every other models went west 

WNYC is reporting an expectation of 6-12 in the city for Sat, so they must be getting their info from the same sources; been hearing it all morning. Based on the evolution of these types of storms I would expect my area to be closer to the 4-8 range, maybe a little higher, if things come together. Still a ways to go but it does sound to me like there is an expectation of a snow storm. The term " heavy snow" was utilized. FWIW.....I'm not able to analyze these models the way you are and maybe this is considered vendor news, but that's what I'm hearing in the "non-sensational" type media...haven't listened to WCBS or 1010 yet.

• Like 1

Just now, weatherpruf said:

WNYC is reporting an expectation of 6-12 in the city for Sat, so they must be getting their info from the same sources; been hearing it all morning. Based on the evolution of these types of storms I would expect my area to be closer to the 4-8 range, maybe a little higher, if things come together. Still a ways to go but it does sound to me like there is an expectation of a snow storm. The term " heavy snow" was utilized. FWIW.....I'm not able to analyze these models the way you are and maybe this is considered vendor news, but that's what I'm hearing in the "non-sensational" type media...haven't listened to WCBS or 1010 yet.

no no no - no watches here in NJ - so no big deal

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

0 to 2’ with a high probability of 0.

That is the baseline at moment

You can't dismiss but the forecasts are out and they are expecting "heavy snow" for the city Friday into Sat. They could be very well be wrong, but they do this for a living, most of us don't. 

• Like 1

We all know that the GFS sucks with coastal storms and has for years but it hasn't really budged big time. It did budge alittle on 6z. These 12z runs and especially the 0z runs tonight are going to be crucial. 

Looking at H5 early in the run will tell you how the rest of the run will go. More energy being held back , more east this will come. The less , the more west. You also have to see where the low forms down south and where or if it closes off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

You can't dismiss but the forecasts are out and they are expecting "heavy snow" for the city Friday into Sat. They could be very well be wrong, but they do this for a living, most of us don't. 

Now everyone definitely thinks a big snowstorm is on the way. I understand it's their job but maybe don't put out numbers just yet.

• Like 2