• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

I don't see much to change my initial thinking; 3-6 for my area, maybe a tad more, but this is very much like the Feb 2013 storm; close but no cigar. But we'll be happy to at least be somewhat in the game. Folks not far from here are going to get a huge event. I will live vicariously through them as I spend ten minutes blowing the 6 inches from my driveway.....and that's ok. Still time for a complete bust out here I guess. We'll see. 

• Like 1

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Don't look at the snow maps and banding. The location and strength of that low means more snow than what is show.

NW areas need to keep an eye too. 

Agree - this run had a better track and intensity than the qpf output 

Don't look at the snow maps and banding. The location and strength of that low means more snow than what is show.

Verbatim, if it begins bombing out at the benchmark or slightly inside, that precip field has to be a little underdone.  Fun run to see.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Another run confirming this is not a big deal NW of NYC. Long Island and eastern NE get crushed however 

Confirming?   Please take a close look at the eps.   You'll see how close this is to an entire subforum smoke job.   There's 2 clear camps and I have no idea which one is right. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I think we have a VERY good shot at getting crushed here.

Remember NEMO heavy amounts were supposed to be east.

yep and that became a nowcast as this might.   Euro and NAM honing in on a double barrelled low now-we need the left low to take over vs the right one

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Based on the 700mb features it makes sense to me where the heavy snow bands would be located at least. It would start over central to eastern Suffolk and then obliterate their way up into E CT into MA. Good snow would make it back to NYC but not the death band stuff. It looks like Juno 2015 pretty much. 1/4/18 had a similar track/upper air features and may have a similar evolution in the end.

BTW, don't look at the 3k NAM. Total dud pretty much. :lol: 

Incredible how fickle this all is. Fingers crossed that these tucked in, wrapped up models win out. 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Based on the 700mb features it makes sense to me where the heavy snow bands would be located at least. It would start over central to eastern Suffolk and then obliterate their way up into E CT into MA. Good snow would make it back to NYC but not the death band stuff. It looks like Juno 2015 pretty much. 1/4/18 had a similar track/upper air features and may have a similar evolution in the end.

BTW, don't look at the 3k NAM. Total dud pretty much. :lol: 

Incredible how fickle this all is. Fingers crossed that these tucked in, wrapped up models win out. 

This is Juno but 40 miles further east.