Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So you back on the Winter bus now….good to see.

Let’s finish this beotch of a winter up with a couple good events. That pattern is what we want to see,  in the hopes of finishing  up strong. 

Been trying to convince him all season that March wasn't going to Morch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Looks like you may be correct from the looks of modeling…. Let’s get a couple nice events. I need it, and so do you lol. 

In a 2014-2015 kind of way....for the wrong reason. I had SSW and NAO blocking....but sensible weather could be similar to that which I expected.

31 minutes ago, SlantStick said:

Sebago hates to freeze over by the looks.

Other then Jordan Bay, More often then not, Its open water in the basin between Frye Island back to the Songo River, Your talking a depth of 316', That shape of the lake is close to round so it does not matter the wind direction and can build 3-5' ers from all directions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Other then Jordan Bay, More often then not, Its open water in the basin between Frye Island back to the Songo River, Your talking a depth of 316', That shape of the lake is close to round so it does not matter the wind direction and can build 3-5' ers from all directions.

Surfable

38 minutes ago, SlantStick said:

Sebago hates to freeze over by the looks.

Pretty deep lake.  I know parts of it freeze.  I remember a story several years ago about some snowmobilers having to water skip for a couple of miles when they came across open water late at night.  I think a couple of the didn't make it.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, once in a lifetime mid season with a shitty December and March IMBY.

That month had two 3-4” events here with some smaller ones. That was a south coast month. But, the event that launched Logan to #1 was a classic positive bust. 
I remember that one well, because I was briefing someone at Logan airport about it and said if this inverted trough comes west by even 5 or 10 miles then we could break the record and have several inches of snow on our hands. Well we know what happened LOL.

March 2015 sucked ass for everyone not within 20 miles of the coast. Still, at least if it was going to be cold with little new snowfall, we had a monster pack to make it look nice. Mar 2014 was way worse....frigid but our pack got mostly wiped out by the 3/13/14 storm which was great for NNE.

I did go up to Sunday River that month in 2014 and it was epic.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that month was kind of meh here. The Bruce Willis storm was annoying haha.

That storm was really the line for where the month was good and where it wasn't. There was like a solid 8-12" in that storm where you got into the steady stuff. The gradient was insane....like from 8" to almost nothing within 5-10 miles.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

March 2015 sucked ass for everyone not within 20 miles of the coast. Still, at least if it was going to be cold with little new snowfall, we had a monster pack to make it look nice. Mar 2014 was way worse....frigid but our pack got mostly wiped out by the 3/13/14 storm which was great for NNE.

I did go up to Sunday River that month in 2014 and it was epic.

Yea, March 2014 was much worse...2015 was just frustratingly underwhelming for me....that record snowpack just slowly rotted out.