Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s always hard when these happen and just erase entire snowpacks well north. I took one last look outside as it got dark .. and thought about complete snow pack since Jan 6. And hopefully it comes back by next Thursday . The early week system is a furnace in SNE

We have to be honest with ourselves. Pack season is coming to an end around these parts. We may still get one or two considerable snowfalls before snow itself stops falling, but we shan't be naive about the truth. The sun is stronger than the air temperatures are giving it credit for. 

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You and Brian would live and die on every play like the weenies do with model runs here when i've been in there...........lol

I don't deny that at all. lol

Scoot and I are always ingesting new Pats model runs while tblizz took the "yesterday was sunny so today will be too" approach. Of course it was like we lived in Yuma so tblizz was right most of the time.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Let’s do it…kick it off later next week. I got some making up to do here. 

I'm out. Totally out. Unless 1888 or 1899 are walking through the door bring on spring for me. Usually I wait for mid-March to move on but not this year. I just couldn't care less about tracking snow or padding stats. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I don't think I've ever seen you post something optimistic. Weenie this comment if you're writing this under duress.

We’ll to be fair…when you’re in the bullseye of a huge blizzard…it’s much easier to be optimistic afterwards.  And also, one should be satiated after experiencing such an event.  

But I agree, it’s is much nicer than the constant whining and mehing all the time. 

Hopefully the effects are long lasting….? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm out. Totally out. Unless 1888 or 1899 are walking through the door bring on spring for me. Usually I wait for mid-March to move on but not this year. I just couldn't care less about tracking snow or padding stats. 

Ahh, sorry to hear that.

Ya, I’m very much in wintertime mode in mid February.  Heading up north Friday for some big riding, so for me this is the height of the season.    I’d love to come home mid next week, and have things evolving in a wintry way as we head toward the end of the week.  That would be great after returning from a big sledding trip.  But that’s just me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I made a comment yesterday or the day before on how even though I’ve basically had continuous pack since 1/7 (aside from right before the last recent event when that torch day in Saturday opened up large patches of ground), it didn’t feel like deep winter for much of the time because we generally had low water in the pack. Even after the sleet storm on 2/4 added some good water into the pack, it was only after a lot of melted the previous day, so it was only a minor net gain of LE. 

Typically over the interior, we’ll get a pack with at least 3-4 inches of water in it at some point but we’ve never gotten there. Places further NW like N ORH county will get 7 inches into the pack quite frequently, but it just hasn’t been that type of winter over the interior. We’ve really lacked those front ender type events and SWFE ls this winter. The 1/17 system was a front ender but that’s been one of the few…and even then it wasn’t a typical front ender that puts some sleet and ZR into the pack too…that one was like 6” and then straight to rain for ORH county. 

I usually clean up on SWFE/front enders, but I got porked on the one we had (MLK) BC of easterly flow.

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don't deny that at all. lol

Scoot and I are always ingesting new Pats model runs while tblizz took the "yesterday was sunny so today will be too" approach. Of course it was like we lived in Yuma so tblizz was right most of the time.

And like the HRRR, we always assimilated with new current conditions to help guide our changing model solution. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And like the HRRR, we always assimilated with new current conditions to help guide our changing model solution. 

More like the FV3, never quite completely right but never quite completely wrong.  Your baseball posts remind me of the classic line from Bob Ueker in Major League. Welcome to the start of the Indians season, Ball one and... the season is over

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I don't think I've ever seen you post something optimistic. Weenie this comment if you're writing this under duress.

We wouldn’t allow the old TBlizzy to take center stage after what he experienced. Like, no one would believe the pessimism. Even he knows the glass is half full for the rest of the season. But don’t worry…the real slim shady will be back next winter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We wouldn’t allow the old TBlizzy to take center stage after what he experienced. Like, no one would believe the pessimism. Even he knows the glass is half full for the rest of the season. But don’t worry…the real slim shady will be back next winter. 

His opportunity did come once in a lifetime. Can't blame him for losing himself in the moment and never letting it go 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya mid February is a lil early to be checking out imo.   If the pattern was looking lousy, then that idea I could certainly understand.  

I don't get it. What's the difference between Feb 25th and Jan 25th. The sun is brighter? News flash frozen water melts . Live for the moment.