Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

13 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Same to you--

well I know people who have it, and that's typical behavior.  It was an observation, nothing more.  What was way worse was making derogatory comments about Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder, don't you think?  The guy is a total ass and it's time to call him out on it-- don't be defending him, you just promote his behavior more.

So go cry me a river for being "dickish" to him-- he deserves a hell of a lot worse than that.

"R" has nothing to do with autism.  The dude is a smart dude, he clearly has issues with people and trolls people and makes tonedeaf near-racist digs (or did you fail to notice he made a derogatory comment using two accomplished BLACK MEN?)  This has nothing to with "R" and everything to do with his behavior for multiple years across multiple forums.

He's a 5 posted guy who spends his entire day giving out 100s of weenies to everyone else and for what-- liking snow?  So get your facts straight before you open your mouth, until then, stand down.

We're not reading all that. We're happy for you, though, or sorry that happened.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

uhm you actually made a horrible comparison "R" has nothing to do with autism.  The dude is a smart dude, he clearly has issues with people and trolls people and makes tonedeaf near-racist digs (or did you fail to notice he made a derogatory comment using two accomplished BLACK MEN?)  This has nothing to with "R" and everything to do with his behavior for multiple years across multiple forums.

He's a 5 posted guy who spends his entire day giving out 100s of weenies to everyone else and for what-- liking snow?  So get your facts straight before you open your mouth, until then, stand down.

What ethnicity are you?

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What ethnicity are you?

Mixed/"Other"

Hispanic/Asian combo.

Big fan of Stevie Wonder's music, his album Songs in the Key of Life is considered one of the best albums ever made and I agree-- that kind of music is just never written anymore.

and Ray Charles piano playing was off the charts great, right up there with the best pianists of the classical era.

20 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Mixed/"Other"

Hispanic/Asian combo.

Big fan of Stevie Wonder's music, his album Songs in the Key of Life is considered one of the best albums ever made and I agree-- that kind of music is just never written anymore.

and Ray Charles piano playing was off the charts great, right up there with the best pianists of the classical era.

You using a mental handicap is just low of all low. Don’t do it again.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

It's been a terrible winter for businesses that depend on snow. I know 2 people who recently decided to get out of the plowing business. 

The insurance is ridiculously high now with the numerous slip and fall claims. It’s getting to the point where you’re spending 8-10k before one flake of snow. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You using a mental handicap is just low of all low. Don’t do it again.

It isn't a mental "handicap" is what you're not understanding.  It's a pattern of behavior.  Autistic people (and I know of several) have above average intelligence but have certain behavior patterns which he's clearly exhibited for a sustained period of time (that's why he's 5-posted and still hands out 100s of weenies every day across multiple subforums.)  You clearly don't know him.  And maybe not to you, but to me, racism is the lowest of the low and he clearly showed that in referring specifically to two ACCOMPLISHED BLACK MEN.  Is there some reason I have to keep pointing this out to you?  The reputation of your subforum precedes you (only I think it's just certain people not the whole subforum that's at fault.)

20 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Exactly.  Difficult to make money after all the expenses. 

Yup. It’s next to impossible down here to do it on your own. It’s going to get to the point where big management companies will hold the accounts an sub the work out. 

Just think about being in western Ct or Mass with a few pathetic storms which turn little profit and a law suit…

51 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It isn't a mental "handicap" is what you're not understanding.  It's a pattern of behavior.  Autistic people (and I know of several) have above average intelligence but have certain behavior patterns which he's clearly exhibited for a sustained period of time (that's why he's 5-posted and still hands out 100s of weenies every day across multiple subforums.)  You clearly don't know him.  And maybe not to you, but to me, racism is the lowest of the low and he clearly showed that in referring specifically to two ACCOMPLISHED BLACK MEN.  Is there some reason I have to keep pointing this out to you?  The reputation of your subforum precedes you (only I think it's just certain people not the whole subforum that's at fault.)

Just don’t see the need to call someone out as autistic in a negative way. 
May the weenie curve the right way for you tonight. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yup. It’s next to impossible down here to do it on your own. It’s going to get to the point where big management companies will hold the accounts an sub the work out. 

Just think about being in western Ct or Mass with a few pathetic storms which turn little profit and a law suit…

That's very much the case around here now.

Yeah I'm currently being sued by a guy who fell in 2017 three days after a snowstorm and 4 days before the next one.  He also waited 4 1/2 years to file...  not worth this  bullshit anymore.

3 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

It's been a terrible winter for businesses that depend on snow. I know 2 people who recently decided to get out of the plowing business. 

Really? Business is booming here. Our association has $500 left in the plow budget for the year. Even if we get very little snow here on out we are likely to go over 

18 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

Yeah I'm currently being sued by a guy who fell in 2017 three days after a snowstorm and 4 days before the next one.  He also waited 4 1/2 years to file...  not worth this  bullshit anymore.

Ugh. I’m sorry. It’s just so important to document document and save those service logs. 

I haven’t held my own contracts since 2011. When I got into it (I was under the impression I would get sued) the overhead was a lot diff then it is now. I have been a sub since then for a private company. Unfortunately, the writing is on the wall for that company as the work has gotten less and less over the years. It’s a real shame because I enjoy doing it but they make it next to impossible to do it anymore 

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just don’t see the need to call someone out as autistic in a negative way. 
May the weenie curve the right way for you tonight. 

lol I'll just go back to calling him troll.  Just visit his profile when you have a free second.  It's pretty easy to see what he does lol,  I should've used some other terminology, like  the other time when he was trolling us before the big late January storm.  I think he didn't think that one was happening either. He was saying that the storm would be OTS and then he always disappears just before the storm happens and doesn't reappear on the forum until the weather is about to get warm to say "winter is ending" and then weenieing anyone who posts anything to the contrary.

I'm sorry for the dumb thoughtless remark.

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Ugh. I’m sorry. It’s just so important to document document and save those service logs. 

I haven’t held my own contracts since 2011. When I got into it (I was under the impression I would get sued) the overhead was a lot diff then it is now. I have been a sub since then for a private company. Unfortunately, the writing is on the wall for that company as the work has gotten less and less over the years. It’s a real shame because I enjoy doing it but they make it next to impossible to do it anymore 

That will help you win in the end but it won't stop the suit being filed anyway hoping for a quick insurance settlement (they pay out most times).

I've considered the sub route but the pay is pretty bad and you still need GL for snow work and most companies won't write a policy for city or town work. That work pays the best around here for subs.  The other problem is the lack of locally owned and operated property. It's all giant corporations and they typically sub to whomever is the cheapest at providing all the services like cleaning, security, and maintenance.

38 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

Wow, that’s awful, sorry to hear that.  Litigious sociopath.   
Take the plow and go finish him.  

j/k

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

SOL passed. File that motion to dismiss and move on. Sorry you have to deal with this at all though. 

1 hour ago, 8611Blizz said:

I would toss out almost every slip and fall case if I was a judge. It’s impossible to get ice melted on 100% of services. Unless it’s very negligent, it’s silly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

How are conditions at B’East?  I was considering going but I can’t imagine it is very good

I think all things considered right now it's very good.  They have all of their snowmaking terrain open which is pretty extensive for SNE.  There were a couple spots where some dirt and grass are sticking out but nothing crazy.   They will turn on the guns tomorrow night and freshen everything up pretty quickly.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The people wasting bandwidth to complain about complaining are just as silly IMO. It's never bothered me in the slightest, but I understand why it irks people. That is what the ignore feature is for...take a break from the posters you know are doing it. 

I agree with this, however, there is a tipping point where even with ignore, others are engaging which you can't ignore. It's a problem common to all web forums. Ideally, one could set to ignore a user and any posts that were replying to that user.

• Like 1