• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday AM Jan 20 Anafront snow threat.

Sey-Mour Snow

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Final forecast is unchanged . 1-3” up to at least ORH to Will in Hollystown to BOS. 2-4” 90 south with spot 3-5 zone and 6” for a Jack town or two from HFD to GInx area. I’m  thinking 3-4” here to add on to the pack . Looking forward to it . 

39tZhKm.jpg

You leave your truck in the street and driveway empty so your town’s DPW crew can “accidentally” remove a side view mirror with a plow?

I think you see 1-2” refresh.

10 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I don’t enjay the things I see here for this system anymore. It looks lame.

It is lame. But I think those of us with bare ground are just hoping for something to whiten up the ground ahead of this next cold snap. I say pick the "snowiest" model solution for your backyard and cling to it for dear life. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

It is lame. But I think those of us with bare ground are just hoping for something to whiten up the ground ahead of this next cold snap. I say pick the "snowiest" model solution for your backyard and cling to it for dear life. 

A chance at 2 inches is a reasonable thing to track and look out for. But when I start seeing snowfall maps being generated that suggest 0.6” of snow… that is game over. The model runs of late have been taunting us…. Showing phantom storms of snow that never materialize. It is just as horrible as the frequent pastime that Americans have of taunting grizzly bears in Yellowstone by poking them with a stick in October while covered head to toe in strawberry jam. 

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

A chance at 2 inches is a reasonable thing to track and look out for. But when I start seeing snowfall maps being generated that suggest 0.6” of snow… that is game over. 

Your first mistake is looking at any snowfall maps generated by a computer on tv or anywhere else . Enjoy the 2-4” tomorrow 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Facts 

:lol: 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

What model has 2-4?

This is like the question you kept asking Kevin the other day when we said a band of half to one inch snow would hit Ct Monday night.  I mean if you even bothered to look.  I will post them and you will post sell then it will snow and you will disappear. 

index (32).png

index (33).png

index (34).png

index (35).png

index (36).png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Glad we don’t live there.

the shoreline has zero pack from a combination of no elevation, warmer temperatures and compounded from the fact they got mostly nothing from Jan 16th event and then even more so from the fact you interior SW guys got 0.5-1.0" from the jan 17th snow when i got a trace.

nohrsc_full_sd.png.e02529ff4b6ea45fc1b55d4d89e5a755.png

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

the shoreline has zero pack from a combination of no elevation, warmer temperatures and compounded from the fact they got mostly nothing from Jan 16th event and then even more so from the fact you interior SW guys got 0.5-1.0" from the jan 17th snow when i got a trace.

nohrsc_full_sd.png.e02529ff4b6ea45fc1b55d4d89e5a755.png

On the 17th the southern end of Trumbull got  1", 3" on the Monroe border.  2" in the middle where I live.  Westport, where my office is, next to nothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2 to 4 includes 3. See modeling as well since you asked what modeling shows 2 to 4. Expect some high ratio stuff at the end with Arctic air 

4 likely the exception as I see it.  Unless this amps up.  I don’t see anything saying 4” even with ratios. Some qpf will be wasted as rain. If anybody has a shot at 3”+ it might be Wolfie to Kev to western RI. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

4 likely the exception as I see it.  Unless this amps up.  I don’t see anything saying 4” even with ratios. Some qpf will be wasted as rain. If anybody has a shot at 3”+ it might be Wolfie to Key to western RI. 

Minor event with brutal timing and flash freeze. We take though. Let's get some BLSN Friday morning to go with sub zero wind chills.