Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Sold my Sixers tickets for tonight at 1:19pm. At 1:22pm the game was postponed. I feel bad for the person who bought them online from me. :( Hopefully it works out for them in the end. 

I think it may be time to pause fans at sporting events...for a few weeks at least.  Just my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

When it comes to snow, there are a good many reasons why it's very hard to be patient. 

My take is that to you, snow is snow is snow. December...March...June. You'll take whatever, whenever, and there are no "rules" to it.  That's awesome! Having said that. there are people that truly love snow, but not to the unlimited extent that you do. Snow in March to me is not the same as it is in late December. Sure, I love 14" on March 15th, but that comes with the knowledge that I'm going to lose most, if not all of it in the next 48 hours. (most likely) Then, there's the "what have you done for me lately" mentality of suffering through promised weather pattern changes that never materialize. So patience becomes hard...how many times am I going to get burned before I choose a different response? 

Patience is warranted but there are reasons specific to snow that make it less than a cut and dry situation. 

Good points again.

Indeed I have no rules as to when I get my snow. I do understand and appreciate those that have preferences as to when they get their snow.

In our region, we can’t expect continuous snowy patterns from December through March. I just hope that we capitalize when when we do have good periods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yes! The tone across ALL of the subforums here is frustration and disappointment with this (what feels like) never-ending crap regine we've found ourselves in...and the fact that we all have memories of this from Winters as of late. (Many of you in PA did alright compared to average last winter...but not up here.)

The tone in this forum is mainly positive with Bubbler, Blizz, Tim, Training and NUT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We live in an instant gratification culture. Patience is becoming a lost character trait. People, through technology are used to getting things immediately. 

You just said what I’ve been trying to say for some time now “ weather isnt a light switch or an app” blah blah blah. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

The tone in this forum is mainly positive with Bubbler, Blizz, Tim, Training and NUT

I enjoy frequenting this forum. Not only because of my PA roots, but you're a pleasant, friendly group. I often talk about this and, of course, Upstate NY's being my favorites.

I find it amusing that Voyager hates the cold, when in reality, it's been lots of months of torching. He really should move to NC, SC, or Florida.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

When it comes to snow, there are a good many reasons why it's very hard to be patient. 

My take is that to you, snow is snow is snow. December...March...June. You'll take whatever, whenever, and there are no "rules" to it.  That's awesome! Having said that. there are people that truly love snow, but not to the unlimited extent that you do. Snow in March to me is not the same as it is in late December. Sure, I love 14" on March 15th, but that comes with the knowledge that I'm going to lose most, if not all of it in the next 48 hours. (most likely) Then, there's the "what have you done for me lately" mentality of suffering through promised weather pattern changes that never materialize. So patience becomes hard...how many times am I going to get burned before I choose a different response? 

Patience is warranted but there are reasons specific to snow that make it less than a cut and dry situation. 

Wow we do think alike. I’m just in agreement with blizzard that we can (and have) had late starts and done alright.

If this were 4 weeks from now I’d be thinking differently as like you, snow in March to me is a kick in the crotch and a waste of what could have been were it a few weeks earlier. 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Wow we do think alike. I’m just in agreement with blizzard that we can (and have) had late starts and done alright.

If this were 4 weeks from now I’d be thinking differently as like you, snow in March to me is a kick in the crotch and a waste of what could have been were it a few weeks earlier. 

The problem I have is, it’s hard for me to appreciate the other 3 seasons much if at all if winter isn’t what I would consider adequate. It’s hard for me to get much below normal snowfall and then suffer through months and months of heat and humidity. But still plenty of time.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I enjoy frequenting this forum. Not only because of my PA roots, but you're a pleasant, friendly group. I often talk about this and, of course, Upstate NY's being my favorites.

I find it amusing that Voyager hates the cold, when in reality, it's been lots of months of torching. He really should move to NC, SC, or Florida.

I really should move to a different region/climate, but in order to do that, I would have to leave/divorce the wife. She won't ever move out of the region. That said, you are correct about us being a pleasant, friendly group. They all like (or at least tolerate :lol:) me and my warmanista ways.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The problem I have is, it’s hard for me to appreciate the other 3 seasons much if at all if winter isn’t what I would consider adequate. It’s hard for me to get much below normal snowfall and then suffer through months and months of heat and humidity. But still plenty of time.

words well stated.  I'm old enough to enjoy all 4, but missing winter makes it tough for sure.  In a good snow season, Im actually sorta ready for spring and some warmth but I'm sure if I lived in ME or Co, or a real snow town, I'd take all the snow I could get.  

3 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I agree

dude, rode through your neck of the woods on the Harley scooter a couple times and yes, you absolutely make the list.  In truth I'd have a better chance of your area than the others.  Daughter lives in Denver(should be home for holidays any minute btw) so i guess I'd have a whack at Co if she stays there.  You live in a great area, and one I hope to frequent more.  Will stop to steal a beer next time through.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I really should move to a different region/climate, but in order to do that, I would have to leave/divorce the wife. She won't ever move out of the region. That said, you are correct about us being a pleasant, friendly group. They all like (or at least tolerate :lol:) me and my warmanista ways.

You and I are opposites. I want snow every day...but my wife refuses. ha!

40 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

The closer I get to 50, the less I care about cold. I’m really liking the relative mild conditions.

Give me a 2 foot snow storm once a year, and I would be happy.

Lancaster is perfect then. I remember many winters in Willow Street/Millersville of mild, mild, mild... 3 to 6 inches of snow, then some sleet, then rain. Melts within 3 days...mild, mild, mild... maybe half frozen ponds for a few days and the Amish trying to skate on the ice covered parts... Dry, gusty NW winds while watching a snow cloud vanish as it works its way in from Harrisburg...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

You have to like snow everyday living in your area.  

Unfortunately I'm not on the Tug Hill...only made it a year there because the economy is struggling there..especially with the fading winters ruining the winter sports industry there. I'm in the northwest Syracuse burbs, where we average 130 inches, but haven't gotten anywhere near that the past several winters. Mild and maritime has been the rule with the ugly Pacific. Lake effect snow has been almost non-existent. My wife and the many people here who seem to hate snow are loving it.

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Unfortunately I'm not on the Tug Hill...only made it a year there because the economy is struggling there..especially with the fading winters ruining the winter sports industry there. I'm in the northwest Syracuse burbs, where we average 130 inches, but haven't gotten anywhere near that the past several winters. Mild and maritime has been the rule with the ugly Pacific. Lake effect snow has been almost non-existent. My wife and the many people here who seem to hate snow are loving it.

Where’s the sweet spot? Redfield Lowville