Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I know there are not many JB fans on here. But he referenced yesterday, last evening that the storm will run from eastern NC., to Millville NJ to JFK.

He’s a clown and almost always wrong. Also any met that makes proclamations like that is garbage.

9 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I know there are not many JB fans on here. But he referenced yesterday, last evening that the storm will run from eastern NC., to Millville NJ to JFK.

His top analog is March 2nd to 4th of 1994.

That was a major interior snow storm especially towards true central PA.

16 year old Blizz got 12 inches of snow & sleet mix in Harrisburg. It was the heaviest & longest duration sleet that I experienced until February Valentine’s storm of 2007.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

16 year old Blizz got 12 inches of snow & sleet mix in Harrisburg. It was the heaviest & longest duration sleet that I experienced until February Valentine’s storm of 2007.

So someone else must have watched his video and read his blog.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We still have a few days to get a 50 or so mile adjustment in the Ops which would give the LSV a better chance at more snow.

Could also be 50 miles west, but we still have enough ensemble guidance saying we are still in the game.  Cone narrows today/night.  Didnt stay up for GFS last night cause I still thought it had work to do to catch on, and knew the look wouldnt be great...yet. Seeing 6Z was looking more like its getting there.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The man, the legend.  He was part of our original group and was not "too bad" at that time.  Rough around the edges.  He lost it when he was attacked by a troll named Joe Bartlo and it seemed to flip him over to who he is now. 

I don't think he's a bad forecaster. But he can be nasty at times with people, but sometimes I think some people just like to provoke the bear.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

94 actually looks similar at h5 and at the surface with hp and rough low placement looking last night . It was a central to west Pa crusher.

But this one is occurring in Jan vs March and with a great airmass 

What was low track of 94 storm.   Did the low go over Hagerstown to Harrisburg? 

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yes.   I think we see an East shift.   S/W coming in the coast today, with better sampling we’ll have to except what’s shown.    

You bet.  While we all love the snow maps and use them for fun....with the challenge of getting the pieces in the right place....its really not worth the fun/pain yet.  With so many moving parts 500low/700low/ridge axis, the only thing that has been a stable piece (and largely why I've taken my "it'll be SE stance) - is the antecedent cold and HP that continually is showing up.  You dont just bully that stuff around, and we are now seeing corrections as the cold is being realized.  Nice CAD is showing up, and notably south, and with that mindset, I hope we get the couple adjustments needed for this to climb the coast and not sit over my head or retrograde like 0z sorta presented.  Oh...and one other thing...ENS guidance still shows SE movement a definite possibility.  

Here's to a good day of tracking. 

23 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Well would you like at that, I just found out Blizz is four years older than me.  I officially enter my 40s this weekend.  Cheers!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I don't think he's a bad forecaster. But he can be nasty at times with people, but sometimes I think some people just like to provoke the bear.

He is nasty with no provocation sometimes.  He also thinks people are saying or suggesting something, whether he has facts or not, and blasts them in his Aleets. 

Well, after analyzing the overnight runs all you can say is, what a mess.  I still think the models are having a hard time with the evolution of this thing and have that jumpy look to them.  Which is why I'm sticking with my coastal themed solution, even as, verbatim, model consensus seems to be shifting more towards the due north central PA runner.  I just don't trust it, any of it.  Need better sampling and a bit more time to work out the finer complexities.  As others have mentioned, today and tonight's model runs are huge, and then I think tomorrow 12z is the king-maker.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Festus said:

Today's runs should be interesting as associated features now onshore.  Wouldn't be surprised to see better consensus as data improves.

Absolutely.  Still may go in a bad/worse direction for us here in the LSV, so be prepared.  Clean snow is probably not likely down/over here, but as little taint as possible would be the win IMO.  We'll find out shortly.