Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, kerplunk said:

If I’m not mistaken, that’s usually a very favorable scenario for UNV (among others) scoring big with deformation snow.

Definitely if the capture/pull back stops where you want it.  If you loop the Nap on TT you can see its definitely turned from almost Due east to North East the last few panels.  It does not look like it is going to escape.  But its just one model run over 90 hours away from the event. 

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

You bet.  While we all love the snow maps and use them for fun....with the challenge of getting the pieces in the right place....its really not worth the fun/pain yet.  With so many moving parts 500low/700low/ridge axis, the only thing that has been a stable piece (and largely why I've taken my "it'll be SE stance) - is the antecedent cold and HP that continually is showing up.  You dont just bully that stuff around, and we are now seeing corrections as the cold is being realized.  Nice CAD is showing up, and notably south, and with that mindset, I hope we get the couple adjustments needed for this to climb the coast and not sit over my head or retrograde like 0z sorta presented.  Oh...and one other thing...ENS guidance still shows SE movement a definite possibility.  

Here's to a good day of tracking. 

Did you intentionally say this to goad me? :) 

No, I definitely do not love snow maps. I hate 'em, period. I've said this before but never explained why...here's one reason, and I hope you can appreciate where I'm coming from. 

72 hours ago there were multiple snow maps that showed our 'hoods with numbers like 21.7", 19.8", and another with 18.8". I know this because...they all ended up in my inbox at work. And they came from a higher pay grade than I am, which in layman's terms means the executive team. Once again, I had to tirelessly start explaining that the maps were highly inaccurate, and why they were. Keep in mind, I work with 950 people, and to my knowledge the only other person here who knows what a GFS, NAM, EURO, CMC, and ICON even are is daxx. When these people get a hold of these maps (from social media) they honestly believe that what they see is coming. Then it's up to me from walking them off the ledge. They're coming to me with staffing questions, potential shift shutdowns, yadayadayada, and it leaves me feeling like I really wish those maps would disappear. 

We here...we understand. We get it. (at least most of us) We know...well, we just know not to take anything verbatim. Sadly, the world around us does not. 

• Like 4