Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It weakens after it passes our latitude and drops a good amount of snow over CTP.

I guess what I am saying is that the depiction seems very fast for a storm going through any type of genesis like progression (bombogenssis maybe a better word though its not a 24 millibar drop).  If it is occluding that quickly, that is one fast process.  From nothing to 970's to 990's all in 24-30 hours.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Interesting.  Wonder how high the actual clouds/precip are as to starting.  Anything in the 38-40 range would melt right there.  So how are you getting these readings?  You said a drone app...is this estimated info from a model? 

I have no idea how it actually works, but it seems at least to be pretty accurate. Surface temp is rising a bit faster than I expected. Up to 29.5 right now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It then somewhat minors out once getting down in the upper 970's.   Strange evolution...very short life span of development.  

welll at least we dont need to figure out what letter it is :P

I saw that petering out as you suggested, and also thought it odd.  Several models have it going bonkers for da fishies..  Not sure I buy that as open waters right now are ripe for development.

58 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I forgot about my drone app. It gives a wind and temp profile for flying. As you can see, it's 26 (my wx station says 28) at the surface and doesn't get above 32 until 2,500ft up.

FB_IMG_1641736482061.jpg

wow.  This is really cool.  I've wanted a drone, and now that you've shared this....i really want one.  thx

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I guess what I am saying is that the depiction seems very fast for a storm going through any type of genesis like progression (bombogenssis maybe a better word though its not a 24 millibar drop).  If it is occluding that quickly, that is one fast process.  From nothing to 970's to 990's all in 24-30 hours.   

agreed.  Not sure how it would fizzle.  Nothing in the atlantic to give reason for this to happen.  Wonky is the word...

23 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

agreed.  Not sure how it would fizzle.  Nothing in the atlantic to give reason for this to happen.  Wonky is the word...

Yea, an interesting model progression.  Will change shortly so just a talking point.   I know Blizz was posting for the potential.  Gets up to Michigan before being blocked back into Ohio before transfer time so need that to be farther south for the LSV to do well.   Transfer south of Ohio to that same VA Beach pop up point, and the WSW's will fly! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

As soon as state college upgraded to warnings, the area lost all its precip.  

I was surprised they issued it.  On your other post, no surprise you holding the cold longer than me.  Regular fare, LOL.  We did have some car bumper icicles earlier.  Models were too light on how much rain we eventually had so if the temps had been 3-5 degrees colder, we would have had a bad situation here. 

• Like 1