Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice!! Subaru WRXs are fun lil cars for sure . My brothers 87' Chrysler Conquest 4 banger turbo was a  fun driver .

They didn't  call Buick Grand Nationals Black coffins for nothin..lol:yikes:

Incredibly bad in snow . 

A DRY and STRAIT road and let the fun begin:bike:. My car dont turn at high speed 

Those small, high HP cars are incredible off the line.  A properly tuned VW Golf R or standard WRX or can get up to 60 in close to 4 seconds or 5 seconds respectively. 

• Like 1

Sub freezing still holding on by a thread.  Temp is 31.6 degrees, which is the high for the day.  None of the icicles are dripping yet so I know we are below 32.0 still.  Looks like the warm wedge to our west is narrowing with 30s in Ohio pressing into western PA.  I'm sure I will go above freezing once winds begin to stir and send the warmth above down to the surface.  However, it's great knowing that the majority of my snowpack will remain intact for the upcoming arctic onslaught.

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

So much for getting to the forecast high of 37 today still stuck at 32 for 4 hours.

It's quite likely the forecast highs for today will occur for a brief time as the front nears and winds pick up.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a rise of 5 degrees very quickly...sending us into the mid 30s for a short time.

5 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Sub freezing still holding on by a thread.  Temp is 31.6 degrees, which is the high for the day.  None of the icicles are dripping yet so I know we are below 32.0 still.  Looks like the warm wedge to our west is narrowing with 30s in Ohio pressing into western PA.  I'm sure I will go above freezing once winds begin to stir and send the warmth above down to the surface.  However, it's great knowing that the majority of my snowpack will remain intact for the upcoming arctic onslaught.

Artic air, eh?  I very mu7ch hope this is WAYYYYY overdone. 

image.thumb.png.07d966fccb7a0686eb106b3a0df343b8.png

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Yes, I know...what's coming now pales in comparison to what the models think is coming in 2 weeks.  Maybe by then we'll have a 2-foot snowbase that send us down to 5 below? (lol)

That temp is based on a 5-10" snow depth per the 384 snow depth map.  But taking that 384 2M map verbatim, we would have some negative 15 type temps to face in cold spots like Pillow.   Life threatening for all things that breath.  No thanks.  LOL. 

13 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

It's quite likely the forecast highs for today will occur for a brief time as the front nears and winds pick up.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a rise of 5 degrees very quickly...sending us into the mid 30s for a short time.

Yep.   That’s how it will go.  I’m at 30 currently 

24 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I hope so, as a lot of the trees are incased in ice up here. It could lead to problems  with 25 mph winds forecast 

47 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Yes, I know...what's coming now pales in comparison to what the models think is coming in 2 weeks.  Maybe by then we'll have a 2-foot snowbase that send us down to 5 below? (lol)

Maybe by then I'll be out in Arizona visiting my mom. I want NO part of that kind of cold...